Named the favorite privacy tool of the New York Times in 2016, 2017, and 2018, Disconnect offers simple to use and powerful protection that is trusted by over 50 million people.
Disconnect Premium blocks and shows you tracking across your entire device, protecting you inside all the apps and browsers you use. Our FullVPN mode encrypts all your traffic and changes your IP address, which makes it harder for others to access and track your online activity.
Disconnect never logs, tracks, or collects any of your online activity or personal information, except the information you explicitly volunteer.
Premium VPN features:
- Block and see invisible tracking across your entire device, protecting you inside all the apps, browsers, and websites you use
- Use Performance mode to accelerate page load speeds by up to 44% and reduces bandwidth by up to 39% depending on your device usage!
- Our VPN keeps you private and secure online by encrypting all your traffic and changing your IP address, which prevents Wi-Fi snooping and others from accessing and tracking your online activity, identity, sensitive information, and location
- Encrypt all Internet connections, to prevent Wi-Fi snooping and other forms of surveillance
- Unlike browser specific products, Disconnect Premium protects you across all your applications, including all mobile browsers
- Proud to actively protect over 50 million people
- Amazing accolades include winning the Innovation Award for Privacy and Security at the South by Southwest Interactive festival, making the list of Popular Science’s 100 Best of What’s New and being recommended as the New York Times' favorite privacy app 2016, 2017, and 2018
- Featured on 60 Minutes, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Today Show, CNN, Wired, NPR, and many more
- Public partnerships with organizations like the EFF, Consumer Reports, Mozilla, and Samsung
Length: You can sign up for 1, 3, 6, or 12 month subscriptions
Prices for subscriptions:
- All monthly or annual subscriptions will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Disconnect Premium subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes Account at purchase confirmation.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period and identify the cost of the renewal.
- You can manage your subscription and turn auto-renewal off in your Account Settings after purchase.
- After free trial, Disconnect monthly subscription is $11.99. Any unused portion of free trial is forfeited after purchase.
Includes performance/stability improvements for VPN and fixes bug that may have caused the app size to grow for some users
Ratings and Reviews
Cannot use the VPN to full potentials.
I’m a premium user of 100yrs validity , I traveled overseas and my only reliable source of anonymity is DISCONNECT but anytime I connect to the Vpn server my current geo location in my shopping apps still shows. Which is limiting me to use the app to it full potential. I cannot get anything done for the family from Walmart,bestbuy,target,Sears etc... maybe I did not set the app right. So I need your assistance. Thanks!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for prompt developer help. Have you tried to toggle on "Encrypted" mode? Expected result is routing all traffic and changing your IP.
Needs more locations
But I like what Disconnect does for privacy as a company, definitely signed up for a subscription ! I know in time things will get better.
So some of the hiccups I’ve seen, so far:
Messages don’t come in on my iPad unless I turn this vpn off and then back on. Only have to do once per day but there’s been some days where I do it more than that.
On my iPhone, the button that allows you to change locations doesn’t work at all unless I go into settings.
When I make or receive phone calls on my phone, I had to turn the VPN off and then back on to have a stable call otherwise there’s either a delay on the persons voice or the call the other person cuts off. On my iPad, FaceTime can look glitch-y when talking. Again all this is resolved if I turn it off and then back on or I just turn it off.
I can leave Smart Pro on both (iPad,iPhone) without any of the said issues. It’s just the Premium VPN.
And lastly, on Premium, the way you see and interact with the tracker screen, isn’t the same as in SmartPro. Would like it to be the same or at the least, be able to manage them better like on Smart Pro (manage Facebook, google and fingerprinting levels, and seeing list of blocked trackers).
That’s it so far, not deducting anything cause I love what it does and I believe you guys can and will get better. Hats off to the developers for both this and Smart Pro.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your support it means a lot to us! We are working really hard to make our products as good as we can. Adding more locations definitely part of the plan!
I paid for Norton VPN and other “top rated” VPNs. They were more complicated , would disconnect or lag. I have had Disconnect now for over a year. I like this better than others, because it blocks ads and other malware in normal mode. When I am in a public WiFi I turn on the more encrypted mode. Or if I’m trying to access something from Europe or USA. Being in Mexico.
It never gets interrupted and with IOS I have had no problems at all. Clean and easy. For a normal user that’s not trying to hide anything just more protection and getting rid of adds on news apps in general. Or trying to access a sports game only available in USA or Europe. I love it!
- Disconnect, Inc.
- 53.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Disconnect, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium (Legacy) $4.99
- Premium $11.99
- Premium (Legacy) $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.