Discord is the only cross-platform voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. With the iOS app you can stay connected to all your Discord voice and text channels even while AFK. It is perfect for chatting with team members, seeing who is playing online, and catching up on text conversations you may have missed.
Download Discord and experience modern game communication:
- Voice chat: Join voice channels and chat with your group
- Real-time text messaging: Share video, gifs, emojis in text rich chat
- Push notifications: Never miss a thing with @mentions and direct messages
- Instant invite: Easily add friends to your server by sharing the Instant Invite link
- Direct messages: Send one-to-one private messages
- Multiple server support: Manage all your game groups in one client
- Channel categories: Organize and customize your channel listings
- Roles & Permissions: Robust permission system that lets you assign customized roles to any user
- Video Chat: See your friends in the wild (or their couch)
- Stay connected: Access Discord voice and text chat while AFK
Have questions, problems, or feedback? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about Discord Nitro subscriptions:
- Nitro gives you access to cool chat perks, such as animated emojis and a boosted upload rate everywhere you use Discord, including the desktop app and at discordapp.com.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://discordapp.com/terms
• Servers now have their own snazzy profiles. Tap the server name at the top of the channel list to see a server's custom emojis and boosts.
• You can temporarily mute DMs, channels, and servers.
• You can also now mark an entire server as 'Read' from the new server profile.
• Sometimes, we all need a little quiet.
• We powered up the Member List: important options like Search, Mute, and Notification Settings are now easily available there.
• On the desktop or web version of Discord, you can seamlessly log in by scanning a QR code with your mobile device
• Server admins now have the power to disconnect users from voice channels.
• We added call rating! Every now and then, we'll ask for your feedback on call and voice quality, so that we can keep improving voice across the board.
• Fixed: Large gifs no longer crash the app.
• Fixed: Before, if you got a call and your desktop app was open, your mobile app would forget to ring. Now it remembers!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Amazing on so many levels
I have been only using Discord for about 6 months and have loved it too much! I keep it open 24/7 to see what friends are playing and love chatting with them while we play games! I have loved all the fun features that Discord has to offer! You can create a massively public server or a small little server for your gaming peeps! Also, it is so easy to manage the server! Everything is so clear and easy to navigate when you own a server! I love it how you can customize the roles and have other people have higher roles and being in the group of people which everyone is! I love the things that you can do when you don’t even own a server like try and earn respect and climb up the ranks! It is like a little civilization that you are in with a bunch of other people! The settings and security of Discord is great! I love the fact that you can completely secure yourself and only allow messages from people you know or having the freedom to meet people! Plus what I have researched Discord is like unhackable! You can do so many things with Discord that it’s mind blowing! Anyone who is uncertain of getting Discord read above and just get it!
New display on lock screen
So discord has been pretty much great overall, I love using it every day and never really had any problems with how it looked or worked, until this recent update. Now, while during a call, when I lock my phone on my iPhone, discord shows up as a call for everyone to see and access, like an iPhone call. I do not feel comfortable that anyone can just see that I’m on a discord call; that’s what I liked about discord. I could only access the call via the app, that’s why I used discord. If I wanted to access the call via the lock, I would’ve just called someone. Now discord is acting like an iOS phone call by making a new tab appear which is also annoying and difficult to just look at and manage with other apps that are opened. There was no original issue with how discord calls were displayed, now they’re blatantly out in the open for people to see and I believe it’s not convenient at all. It also bugs out when I just try to lock my phone sometimes. It won’t actually lock and when I tap my phone, the call will appear with the new look and my phone will be unlocked. I know you guys are trying something new but this is a bit of a stretch. Discord was discord by not looking like an iPhone/apple created application. At least make it an option to remove the display of the discord call on the lock screen, it would be greatly appreciated by those who desire some privacy.
Integrated Phone Calls
Discord is an amazing app that lets you do casual conversations without the loud notifications you would usually get from text messages. It does an amazing job at keeping notifications hidden when you want them to be.
But I cannot say the same for calls. Recently, Discord started integrating their calls with actual phone calls. This means that every time I get called on Discord, it goes through to my ringtone. The whole reason I use Discord is to keep my online life separate from my personal life.
Although there is a setting that allows you to disable this feature, I still get the ringtone. Whenever I get called on Discord, even though the app is closed, I still get a ringtone. I even have all notifications turned off in my settings. The ringtone only lasts about 2 seconds before it realizes that it should not be there, but it gets pretty annoying, since it forces me to stop whatever i’m doing on my phone.
What annoys me the most is that this issue has been fixed before. The previous update had the setting that disabled the integrated phone calls, but it actually did its job, unlike this recent update. I had no calls going through no matter how much I was getting spammed with calls.
I thought this problem would be gone forever, but it still managed to find its way back. I’ve resorted to having to delete the app just to avoid the ringtone...again. Please fix this issue.
- Discord, Inc.
- 102.1 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2019 Discord
- In-App Purchases
- Nitro Classic (Monthly) $4.99
- Nitro Classic (Yearly) $49.99
- Nitro (Monthly) $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.