Discord is where you can make a home for your communities and friends. Where you can stay close and have fun over text, voice, and video chat. Whether you’re part of a school club, a gaming group, a worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends who want to spend time together, Discord makes it easy to talk every day, and hang out more often.
CREATE AN INVITE-ONLY PLACE
• Discord servers are organized into topic-based channels where you can collaborate, share, have meetings, or just talk to friends about your day without clogging up a group chat.
• Send a message directly to a friend or call them up with our voice chat feature
• Voice channels make hanging out easy. Got a free moment? Grab a seat in a voice channel so friends can see you’re around and pop in to talk without having to call. You can even watch videos together!
• Reliable tech for staying close with friends. Low-latency voice and video chat feels like you’re meeting in the same room.
• Easily talk with friends while gaming and steam roll the competition.
• Be a meme messenger with easy image sharing
STAY CLOSE WITH TEXT, VIDEO, AND VOICE CHAT
• Wave hello over video, watch friends stream their games, share stories over voice calls, or gather up and have a drawing session with screen share.
• Snap a photo and turn it into your own custom emojis and share them with friends.
• Share anything from funny videos and stories to your latest group photos, and pin your favorites to remember those moments later.
• Hang out in group channels or talk privately with direct messages
• Zoom through convos with friends using topic-specific channels!
FOR A FEW OR A FANDOM
• Custom moderation tools and permission levels can group up your friends or teams, organize meetings for your local book club, or bring together music fans from around the world.
• Create moderators, give special members access to private channels, and much more.
We’ve been hard at work making Discord better for you. For this version we've made a bunch of bug fixes and performance enhancements to make sure everything’s running as smooth as possible.
Ratings and Reviews
There are a hundred different ways to share things with your friends, but Discord stands out as a particularly good one. You can create individual groups (called servers) for your friends: the group that you play videogames with, the group that goes to the cinema together, and so on. This app first made its name among videogame players, but these days, Discord is used by everyone, in no small part because it’s easy to understand, quick to set up, and slick to use.
It works but updates are less than satisfactory
I’ve had Discord for about three years now, and it does what it’s supposed to, but there are many features that are annoying to say the least. My main issue with Discord is that it seems like they don’t care about the mobile app as much as they should. There are many features that don’t work on mobile but should such as: editing the About Me (it doesn’t save on my mobile app), attaching files to messages, marking images with spoilers, managing purchases, and using certain owner/administrator features. Also, Discord does not offer a desktop app for iPads, which are more than capable of running a Mac version of the app. And they don’t offer an easy way to access the browser version on mobile devices. The only way to access the browser site on a mobile device is by copying and pasting a link from your computer into your device and signing in from there, which is very inconvenient. But I would say my biggest complaint is that instead of addressing these issues with the mobile app, Discord pushes features that are seemingly unnecessary, when there are more pressing matters that should be addressed. But other than that it fulfills its purpose well, and if the mobile app issues were addressed, I would be more than happy to give this app five stars. But because of this seeming disinterest in fixing some of the features in the mobile app, I can’t in good conscience give them a perfect rating.
New update reminds me of iMessage...
Don’t get me wrong, I love Discord, but ever since the update that made the text box cluttered with so many buttons, I feel like the app lost some of its uniqueness (and gained more glitches, at least with my phone). It feels like iMessages and the text box feels so small when I write because I can only get five or six words to a line when I used to get the entire width of my phone screen besides where the “send” button was (the one that didn’t used to be so obnoxious). I guess you could say I miss the simplicity of the chat box.
Also, the movement of the it when you click into the text box versus when you click out glitches on me and makes the whole app slow when switching between chats, channels, or servers. Everything lags behind and it gets to be pretty annoying.
One thing I absolutely love, though, is that when you type something, but let’s say your phone dies (like mine did twice), Discord saves what you wrote in the chat box! I have been saved so many times by that feature. Discord is a great app and I use it for so many things, but I also write a lot on it, so what I wrote affects me the way it might not affect others. The 2,000 character limit can get a bit irritating, too, so I wish there was a way you could switch the limit off, but I’ve found ways to work around it so it’s not an immediate issue. Overall, I love Discord, but I miss some things from its “Dark Ages,” as they called it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Discord, Inc.
- 202.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2022 Discord
- In-App Purchases
- Nitro Monthly $9.99
- Nitro (1 Month) $9.99
- Nitro Classic (1 Month) $4.99
- Nitro Classic Monthly $4.99
- Nitro Basic Monthly $2.99
- Nitro Basic (1 Month) $2.99
- Nitro + 1 Boost (Monthly) $13.49
- 1 Server Boost Monthly $4.99
- Nitro + 2 Boosts (Monthly) $16.99
- Nitro Yearly $99.99