Discord is where you can make a home for your communities and friends. Where you can stay close and have fun over text, voice, and video. Whether you’re part of a school club, a gaming group, a worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, Discord makes it easy to talk every day and hang out more often.
Create an invite-only place
• Discord servers are organized into topic-based channels where you can collaborate, share, and just talk about your day without clogging up a group chat.
• Voice channels make hanging out easy. Grab a seat in a voice channel when you’re free. Friends can see you’re around and pop in to talk, without having to call.
• Reliable tech for staying close. Low latency voice and video feels like you’re in the same room.
STAY CLOSE WITH TEXT, VOICE, AND VIDEO
• Wave hello over video, watch friends stream their games, or gather up and have a drawing session with screen share.
• Turn any image into your own custom emojis and share them with friends.
• Share anything from a funny video to your latest group photos, and pin your favorites to remember later.
FOR A FEW OR A FANDOM
• Custom moderation tools and permission levels can group up your friends, organize your local book club, or bring together music fans from around the world.
• Create moderators, give special members access to private channels, and much more.
We’ve been hard at work making Discord better for you. For this version we've made a bunch of bug fixes and performance enhancements to make sure everything’s running as smooth as possible.
Ratings and Reviews
Discord Voice Chat And Video Chat
Discord is a fun platform to chat with your friends. You can talk to them via text, voice calls, and video calls. There are times where some people enjoy talking to them through voice and video calls through dms and group chats. Sometimes, there are some people in dms and group chats that don’t do that. My group chat only texts. No voice calls or video calls. Most people are not often comfortable with that because they don’t wanna reveal their voices or their faces. I have a friend that tends to accidentally hit the phone/camera icon accidentally. It can be annoying at times, for most people, if that’s the case. If he really did want to start a call, that would be understandable. If his friends were not available, then there needs to be a change to this. If someone hits a phone/camera icon, a pop-up should say “Are you sure you want to start a call?” That way, nobody would have to worry about the call notification. There are several several people on discord that make the same mistakes too. If somebody accidentally hits a phone or a camera icon on discord when they are in a group or private chat, an “Are you sure you want to start a call?” Pop-up should appear. That would really help a lot. It’s to make sure nobody’s phone rings for no reason most of the time.
It works but updates are less than satisfactory
I’ve had Discord for about three years now, and it does what it’s supposed to, but there are many features that are annoying to say the least. My main issue with Discord is that it seems like they don’t care about the mobile app as much as they should. There are many features that don’t work on mobile but should such as: editing the About Me (it doesn’t save on my mobile app), attaching files to messages, marking images with spoilers, managing purchases, and using certain owner/administrator features. Also, Discord does not offer a desktop app for iPads, which are more than capable of running a Mac version of the app. And they don’t offer an easy way to access the browser version on mobile devices. The only way to access the browser site on a mobile device is by copying and pasting a link from your computer into your device and signing in from there, which is very inconvenient. But I would say my biggest complaint is that instead of addressing these issues with the mobile app, Discord pushes features that are seemingly unnecessary, when there are more pressing matters that should be addressed. But other than that it fulfills its purpose well, and if the mobile app issues were addressed, I would be more than happy to give this app five stars. But because of this seeming disinterest in fixing some of the features in the mobile app, I can’t in good conscience give them a perfect rating.
New update reminds me of iMessage...
Don’t get me wrong, I love Discord, but ever since the update that made the text box cluttered with so many buttons, I feel like the app lost some of its uniqueness (and gained more glitches, at least with my phone). It feels like iMessages and the text box feels so small when I write because I can only get five or six words to a line when I used to get the entire width of my phone screen besides where the “send” button was (the one that didn’t used to be so obnoxious). I guess you could say I miss the simplicity of the chat box.
Also, the movement of the it when you click into the text box versus when you click out glitches on me and makes the whole app slow when switching between chats, channels, or servers. Everything lags behind and it gets to be pretty annoying.
One thing I absolutely love, though, is that when you type something, but let’s say your phone dies (like mine did twice), Discord saves what you wrote in the chat box! I have been saved so many times by that feature. Discord is a great app and I use it for so many things, but I also write a lot on it, so what I wrote affects me the way it might not affect others. The 2,000 character limit can get a bit irritating, too, so I wish there was a way you could switch the limit off, but I’ve found ways to work around it so it’s not an immediate issue. Overall, I love Discord, but I miss some things from its “Dark Ages,” as they called it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Discord, Inc.
- 156.1 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2021 Discord
- In-App Purchases
- Nitro Monthly $9.99
- Nitro Classic (1 Month) $4.99
- Nitro Monthly $9.99
- Nitro (1 Month) $9.99
- Classic Monthly $4.99
- Nitro Classic Monthly $4.99
- Nitro + 1 Boost (Monthly) $13.49
- 1 Server Boost Monthly $4.99
- Nitro + 2 Boosts (Monthly) $16.99
- Nitro Yearly $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.