Discord is where you can make a home for your communities and friends. Where you can stay close and have fun over text, voice, and video. Whether you’re part of a school club, a gaming group, a worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, Discord makes it easy to talk every day and hang out more often.
Create an invite-only place
• Discord servers are organized into topic-based channels where you can collaborate, share, and just talk about your day without clogging up a group chat.
• Voice channels make hanging out easy. Grab a seat in a voice channel when you’re free. Friends can see you’re around and pop in to talk, without having to call.
• Reliable tech for staying close. Low latency voice and video feels like you’re in the same room.
STAY CLOSE WITH TEXT, VOICE, AND VIDEO
• Wave hello over video, watch friends stream their games, or gather up and have a drawing session with screen share.
• Turn any image into your own custom emojis and share them with friends.
• Share anything from a funny video to your latest group photos, and pin your favorites to remember later.
FOR A FEW OR A FANDOM
• Custom moderation tools and permission levels can group up your friends, organize your local book club, or bring together music fans from around the world.
• Create moderators, give special members access to private channels, and much more.
We’ve been hard at work making Discord better for you. For this version we've made a bunch of bug fixes and performance enhancements to make sure everything’s running as smooth as possible.
Ratings and Reviews
More AWESOME than a flying Lamborghini
This is THE chat app of chat apps! I’m NOT joking. It’s so awesome that even Nintendo has set up thier own discord server! Of course I have too The only thing can can be disliked about this app is that it cannot be used on devices other than Tablets,Phones, and laptops that I know of. but everything else about it is awesome! No ads,No interruptions(Unless you have bad WiFi lol), and so much more fun than the majority of apps I use. Let’s be honest, we if you aren’t using this app, You’re either not old enough to have something to use it on, Or you are dumb enough to use something else! But even so, Discord is one of the best apps I’ve used in my life and I still use it to this day! And I love it!😁😁 any amazing soul who wants to make friends should try this app and get some of thier friends to try it as well! My discord name is “FlashFirePlayz#0609” if u feel like adding me. 😊😊 But one things for sure, u GOTTA try this app! Imma tell u right now, you will not regret it.
All u need is a certified email and password to get started! Discord’s possibilities are almost endless! And it doesn’t take up much storage space either. Whether your part of a gaming group/Squad(Like I am), a book club, a school program, an anime cult(if ur into that😐), or just a simple person who can’t visit your friends or family cuz of covid related stuff just get them and yourself going on this app!
New update reminds me of iMessage...
Don’t get me wrong, I love Discord, but ever since the update that made the text box cluttered with so many buttons, I feel like the app lost some of its uniqueness (and gained more glitches, at least with my phone). It feels like iMessages and the text box feels so small when I write because I can only get five or six words to a line when I used to get the entire width of my phone screen besides where the “send” button was (the one that didn’t used to be so obnoxious). I guess you could say I miss the simplicity of the chat box.
Also, the movement of the it when you click into the text box versus when you click out glitches on me and makes the whole app slow when switching between chats, channels, or servers. Everything lags behind and it gets to be pretty annoying.
One thing I absolutely love, though, is that when you type something, but let’s say your phone dies (like mine did twice), Discord saves what you wrote in the chat box! I have been saved so many times by that feature. Discord is a great app and I use it for so many things, but I also write a lot on it, so what I wrote affects me the way it might not affect others. The 2,000 character limit can get a bit irritating, too, so I wish there was a way you could switch the limit off, but I’ve found ways to work around it so it’s not an immediate issue. Overall, I love Discord, but I miss some things from its “Dark Ages,” as they called it.
Since I joined my first server, it took some time for me to get used to all the functionality. There were so many things I didn’t know about, and yet that’s one of Discord’s biggest selling points. Most of the time if you want to do something, you can. Mark a server or channel as NSFW or 18+? You can do that. Change your display name for only one, specific server? You can do that too. But for me the most valuable thing about Discord is the sense of community that you feel almost immediately after logging on. Depending on your server choices you’ll almost always have an unread message, meaning there’s almost always something or someone for you to come back to. And if you don’t want to be bothered? Turn off notifications for servers and channels you don’t want to hear from. Not once have I had a security issue or even fear that I would lose personal information. Setting up 2-factor authentication was the easiest security experience I have had in a long time, and if you still have concerns, you won’t be required to even give Discord your phone number, much less your name and other personal info. When I’m not using the in-built messages app on my phone or tablet, Discord is my #1 default
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Discord, Inc.
- 183.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2021 Discord
- In-App Purchases
- Nitro Monthly $9.99
- Nitro Classic (1 Month) $4.99
- Classic Monthly $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.