Discord is an all-in-one communication app for your communities, gaming, and friends. Chat and have fun in a custom server, where organized text channels and open voice channels make it easy to hop into a game together, plan your next meetup, or just keep in touch throughout the day.
A NEW WAY TO CHAT
- Organized channels give you plenty of room to share videos, coordinate meetups, or just talk about your day without clogging up a group chat.
- Open voice channels make hanging out easy. Grab a seat in a voice channel when you’re free, and friends can instantly jump in without having to call.
- Reliable, high quality communication wherever you go - seamlessly switch between Discord on mobile and desktop.
HAVE FUN WITH TEXT, VOICE, AND VIDEO
- Wave hello over video, easily watch friends stream their games, or gather up for a screen-sharing session any time.
- Turn any image into your own custom emojis, or express yourself with all the GIFs and reactions you need.
- Share anything from a funny video to your latest group photos, and pin your favorites to remember later.
FOR COMMUNITIES OF 5 OR 500,000
- Custom permissions can group up your friends, organize your guild, or bring together community fans around the world.
- Assign roles to members to give them moderation powers, or sort members into groups that you can message all at once with a single tag.
- Create VIP channels where admins, superfans, or any other special community members can chat in a place just for them.
* We added a new "jump to present" button that's less intrusive.
* Closing the "new message bar" will no longer scroll-to-bottom.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
New display on lock screen
So discord has been pretty much great overall, I love using it every day and never really had any problems with how it looked or worked, until this recent update. Now, while during a call, when I lock my phone on my iPhone, discord shows up as a call for everyone to see and access, like an iPhone call. I do not feel comfortable that anyone can just see that I’m on a discord call; that’s what I liked about discord. I could only access the call via the app, that’s why I used discord. If I wanted to access the call via the lock, I would’ve just called someone. Now discord is acting like an iOS phone call by making a new tab appear which is also annoying and difficult to just look at and manage with other apps that are opened. There was no original issue with how discord calls were displayed, now they’re blatantly out in the open for people to see and I believe it’s not convenient at all. It also bugs out when I just try to lock my phone sometimes. It won’t actually lock and when I tap my phone, the call will appear with the new look and my phone will be unlocked. I know you guys are trying something new but this is a bit of a stretch. Discord was discord by not looking like an iPhone/apple created application. At least make it an option to remove the display of the discord call on the lock screen, it would be greatly appreciated by those who desire some privacy.
Integrated Phone Calls
Discord is an amazing app that lets you do casual conversations without the loud notifications you would usually get from text messages. It does an amazing job at keeping notifications hidden when you want them to be.
But I cannot say the same for calls. Recently, Discord started integrating their calls with actual phone calls. This means that every time I get called on Discord, it goes through to my ringtone. The whole reason I use Discord is to keep my online life separate from my personal life.
Although there is a setting that allows you to disable this feature, I still get the ringtone. Whenever I get called on Discord, even though the app is closed, I still get a ringtone. I even have all notifications turned off in my settings. The ringtone only lasts about 2 seconds before it realizes that it should not be there, but it gets pretty annoying, since it forces me to stop whatever i’m doing on my phone.
What annoys me the most is that this issue has been fixed before. The previous update had the setting that disabled the integrated phone calls, but it actually did its job, unlike this recent update. I had no calls going through no matter how much I was getting spammed with calls.
I thought this problem would be gone forever, but it still managed to find its way back. I’ve resorted to having to delete the app just to avoid the ringtone...again. Please fix this issue.
Please, please bring back the private call option
Sure, Discord is much better in terms of quality, but by far my biggest complaint is the removal of the private mode option while calling people. I deserve a right to privacy, as does everyone else, and it’s too loud for that to be an option. Other people can hear my conversations and it’s very bothersome. I miss having the option between the two. Don’t fix something that isn’t broken please! Otherwise, there’s this constant bug with webcams/ turning on your camera. sometimes it never loads and you have to turn it off and on to get it to work properly. I’ve had to do this up to 3 times maximum to get it to work finally, which is nothing at first, but becomes annoying. Finally, (most likely not 100% discord’s fault, you can ignore this if you want) the connection seems to be getting worse. I used to love discord for the quality of the calls, but several times a week the quality becomes so bad that I have to restart the call several times to understand a sentence the recipient. The most common connection issue is definitely the that audio seems to skip out entirely for a few seconds sometimes. I understand that this could also be due to my own connection and the recipient’s connection, so take this with a grain of salt. Considering that, many times before there has been nothing wrong with our internet and this still happens.
- Discord, Inc.
- 103.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2019 Discord
- In-App Purchases
- Nitro Classic (Monthly) $4.99
- Nitro Classic (Yearly) $49.99
- Nitro (Monthly) $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.