Discord is the only cross-platform voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. With the iOS app you can stay connected to all your Discord voice and text channels even while AFK. It is perfect for chatting with team members, seeing who is playing online, and catching up on text conversations you may have missed.
Download Discord and experience modern game communication:
- Voice chat: Join voice channels and chat with your group
- Real-time text messaging: Share video, gifs, emojis in text rich chat
- Push notifications: Never miss a thing with @mentions and direct messages
- Instant invite: Easily add friends to your server by sharing the Instant Invite link
- Direct messages: Send one-to-one private messages
- Multiple server support: Manage all your game groups in one client
- Channel categories: Organize and customize your channel listings
- Roles & Permissions: Robust permission system that lets you assign customized roles to any user
- Video Chat: See your friends in the wild (or their couch)
- Stay connected: Access Discord voice and text chat while AFK
Have questions, problems, or feedback? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about Discord Nitro subscriptions:
- Nitro gives you access to cool chat perks, such as animated emojis and a boosted upload rate everywhere you use Discord, including the desktop app and at discordapp.com.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://discordapp.com/terms
* Added in-line playback of uploaded videos and some videos from social media embeds. Double check you're sending the right video before disaster strikes.
* Long-pressing a message will open an easier-to-read context menu. We've added quick access reactions, icons for clarity, and please go look I'm very excited about this.
* Tapping avatars will open the user menu as 10 years of internet habits says it should.
* Voice activity in channel lists is now viewable when channel categories are collapsed. Don't miss out on all those memorable voice sessions that you can't join anyway because you're in class. Pay attention, friend.
Ratings and Reviews
New display on lock screen
So discord has been pretty much great overall, I love using it every day and never really had any problems with how it looked or worked, until this recent update. Now, while during a call, when I lock my phone on my iPhone, discord shows up as a call for everyone to see and access, like an iPhone call. I do not feel comfortable that anyone can just see that I’m on a discord call; that’s what I liked about discord. I could only access the call via the app, that’s why I used discord. If I wanted to access the call via the lock, I would’ve just called someone. Now discord is acting like an iOS phone call by making a new tab appear which is also annoying and difficult to just look at and manage with other apps that are opened. There was no original issue with how discord calls were displayed, now they’re blatantly out in the open for people to see and I believe it’s not convenient at all. It also bugs out when I just try to lock my phone sometimes. It won’t actually lock and when I tap my phone, the call will appear with the new look and my phone will be unlocked. I know you guys are trying something new but this is a bit of a stretch. Discord was discord by not looking like an iPhone/apple created application. At least make it an option to remove the display of the discord call on the lock screen, it would be greatly appreciated by those who desire some privacy.
Discord is a great tool for gaming, streaming, and almost anything you need out of a communication service/application. Yet it is lacking sometimes there is server lag or buggy happening on pc and the phone version usually just the phone version but its come along way and most of the bad issues are completely fixed. I just wish it was more compatible with certain devices, for example i don't have a great pc but it is good enough to play arma 2 - 3 with 60 frames yet discord likes to kill my cpu time usually freezes and such as well, despite playing with the prioity setting it higher or lower doesn't fix the problem. Ios version seems fine most of the time but sometimes has server lag or disconnects. But all in all its one of the best alternatives to paid communication services for gaming and streaming, and i am if it wasn't free it would be the best of paid applications, its simple you can create free servers and manage those servers with ease. btw in your update log you wrote "with relative easy" instead of relative ease. The best part i would say is how easy and how quickly you can create and connect with people so you can just get into your game and start playing. Thank you discord! i hope you continue to improve and fix this application, its been a few years since i have even looked at teamspeak and its all thanks to you guys|~<3
Please, please bring back the private call option
Sure, Discord is much better in terms of quality, but by far my biggest complaint is the removal of the private mode option while calling people. I deserve a right to privacy, as does everyone else, and it’s too loud for that to be an option. Other people can hear my conversations and it’s very bothersome. I miss having the option between the two. Don’t fix something that isn’t broken please! Otherwise, there’s this constant bug with webcams/ turning on your camera. sometimes it never loads and you have to turn it off and on to get it to work properly. I’ve had to do this up to 3 times maximum to get it to work finally, which is nothing at first, but becomes annoying. Finally, (most likely not 100% discord’s fault, you can ignore this if you want) the connection seems to be getting worse. I used to love discord for the quality of the calls, but several times a week the quality becomes so bad that I have to restart the call several times to understand a sentence the recipient. The most common connection issue is definitely the that audio seems to skip out entirely for a few seconds sometimes. I understand that this could also be due to my own connection and the recipient’s connection, so take this with a grain of salt. Considering that, many times before there has been nothing wrong with our internet and this still happens.
- Discord, Inc.
- 117.1 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2019 Discord
- In-App Purchases
- Nitro Classic (Monthly) $4.99
- Nitro (Monthly) $9.99
- Nitro Classic (Annually) $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.