The Discovery Education Techbook™ app serves as a companion to schools and districts who have the Discovery Education Science Techbook™ and Social Studies Techbook™ services. This app can serve as the primary access point for students and teachers accessing Techbook™ through an iPad.
To fully access the app, a Discovery Education Science Techbook™ or Social Studies Techbook™ user name and password is needed.
About Discovery Education Techbook™
A comprehensive d igital program that replaces traditional textbooks and transforms teaching and learning
Discovery Education Techbook™, a fully digital service that replaces traditional textbooks, provides unrivaled content to support teachers while engaging and inspiring students. It is built around the 5E model of instruction and a non-linear curriculum pathway that promotes inquiry-based learning, enhances critical thinking, and improves student achievement.
· With exclusive video, interactive text, digital explorations, STEM resources, and the groundbreaking Interactive Glossary and Atlas, Techbook™ is the all-in-one, multi-modal resource that will engage and support every type of learner.
· Constantly updated to reflect today’s changing world and including in-depth lesson plans to support new and experienced teachers alike, Techbook™ is available for K-8 science, high school science, and middle school social studies.
· The Discovery Education Techbook app currently includes the Discovery Education Science Techbook™ and Social Studies Techbook™. This app is the preferred access point to Discovery Education Science Techbook™ and Social Studies Techbook™ for students using iPads. This app enables students to download Science Techbook™ and Social Studies Techbook™ content when internet access is available so that content can be accessed when the iPad is offline.
- Provides two types of offline access:
- Concept text and images previously visited are locally cached
- User can specifically select to download content from an individual video to an entire concept
- Supports Spanish and French text options (user can choose a default for
- Offers different reading levels to meet the needs of students
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Fixes an issue with Model Lesson links
Ratings and Reviews
The app is good but I would rather have my actual text book which could also be a PDFs wouldn't recommend
TERRIBLE APP... DOESN’T EVEN WORK
This app doesn’t work. I log in and it takes me to a grey screen with a blue outline. There are three bars at the top right. I click on it and I can either go to about, feedback, or logout. My internet connection is at its best and I’ve tried at different places. It’s a miracle that I’m even rating it one start; this app deserves none. Who wants an app that doesn’t work? I am deleting this app and do not recommend it, as it doesn’t even work. Just use the website. Did you notice that all of the good reviews were from YEARS AGO????
Great for Homeschoolers
I use this for my two homeschooling kids. Great app!
The developer, Discovery Communications, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Discovery Communications
- 265.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Discovery Education
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.