The Discovery Education Techbook™ app serves as a companion to schools and districts who have the Discovery Education Science Techbook™ and Social Studies Techbook™ services. This app can serve as the primary access point for students and teachers accessing Techbook™ through an iPad.
To fully access the app, a Discovery Education Science Techbook™ or Social Studies Techbook™ user name and password is needed.
About Discovery Education Techbook™
A comprehensive d igital program that replaces traditional textbooks and transforms teaching and learning
Discovery Education Techbook™, a fully digital service that replaces traditional textbooks, provides unrivaled content to support teachers while engaging and inspiring students. It is built around the 5E model of instruction and a non-linear curriculum pathway that promotes inquiry-based learning, enhances critical thinking, and improves student achievement.
· With exclusive video, interactive text, digital explorations, STEM resources, and the groundbreaking Interactive Glossary and Atlas, Techbook™ is the all-in-one, multi-modal resource that will engage and support every type of learner.
· Constantly updated to reflect today’s changing world and including in-depth lesson plans to support new and experienced teachers alike, Techbook™ is available for K-8 science, high school science, and middle school social studies.
· The Discovery Education Techbook app currently includes the Discovery Education Science Techbook™ and Social Studies Techbook™. This app is the preferred access point to Discovery Education Science Techbook™ and Social Studies Techbook™ for students using iPads. This app enables students to download Science Techbook™ and Social Studies Techbook™ content when internet access is available so that content can be accessed when the iPad is offline.
- Provides two types of offline access:
- Concept text and images previously visited are locally cached
- User can specifically select to download content from an individual video to an entire concept
- Supports Spanish and French text options (user can choose a default for
- Offers different reading levels to meet the needs of students
Fixes an issue with Model Lesson links
Ratings and Reviews
The app is good but I would rather have my actual text book which could also be a PDFs wouldn't recommend
It is easy to navigate, easy to change grade levels, nicely laid out. However, your students can not login to the iPad app so it doesn’t track your student’s activity. You can’t print the PDFs from the iPad. Add those two and it will be an awesome app!
Great for Homeschoolers
I use this for my two homeschooling kids. Great app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.