Ratings and Reviews
I am using this app for a long time and i like it very much, but over the years I’ve expected it gets upgraded with more features, and my expectations are low, so figure out how unchanged it has been staying.
To tell few most low of them:
1) I’ve expected it becomes a service, by which I mean at the very least you can have an account (free one of course) that with changing your device across, or any other reasons, you don’t loose your search which also you may have added to your favorites for future listening.
2) I’ve expected it suggests more broader choices of similar artists based on your search by now.
3) I’ve expected for a long time their similar apps which were about Books and Cinema, have came back by now (of course with above features.
Not quite the app I'm looking for
But it's still good at what it does.
First, the features I wish it had:
I wish we could save maps in-app to reload and expand later, the built in save feature only takes a small screenshot.
I wish we could have the app generate a map showing how our favorites artists are/may be related (and suggestions based on that) instead of passively hoping to run into one while following nodes from another.
I wish there was an option to "see other related artists" and add them as a node on the map instead of just the 4/5 it displays automatically for you, because I know there have to be more it's not displaying. For example if I look up Florence + the Machine, one suggestion is Marina and the Diamonds. But if look up Marina and the Diamonds, F+M is NOT one of the suggestions. I understand for space/layout reasons you can't display more than a few suggestions coming out of any one artist, but if I knew who Marina was and not Florence, I'd have no way of discovering that Florence is a first-degree connection. Considering how much I love both artists, it makes me wonder what other directly-related artists I'm missing out on just because the program doesn't select them to display as one of the 4/5 suggestions.
All that said, this app has a great interface and it does what it says it will, which is display some suggestions for related artists you might like and let you follow those suggestions further and further down the rabbit hole. Happy listening!
Perfect way to figure out what new music you may like based in your current favorite artists. I've used to dozens of times when looking for new music to listen to after I've become bored with my own music collection. The interface is minimal and highly functional and just makes sense and I appreciate how it really shows the similarities and likeness between different artists.
- David McKinney Pty Ltd
- 50.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © David McKinney Pty Ltd 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.