■ Updated for macOS 12 and Apple M1!
Disk Aid is a professional grade system utility app for keeping your Mac running at its very best. It is lovingly developed by the leaders in utility software, FIPLAB, who have created award-winning and extremely popular apps used by millions of Mac users around the world.
Our latest app, Disk Aid, has been built from the ground up for the very best performance and disk space saving ability. Disk Aid will deeply clean, optimize and protect your Mac, all whilst saving you up to several gigabytes of precious disk space!
Disk Aid is perfectly arranged into 6 uniquely useful modules:
• Provides a quick and informative overview of your most important Mac system stats.
• Perfect for at a glance statistics and performance monitoring.
• Real-time insight into CPU, Memory, Battery Usage and more.
• This conducts a deep and thorough search to identify all kinds of potential unneeded and junk files that can be removed from your Mac's main hard drive.
• These include Application Caches, Logs, Mail Downloads, Browser Data, Partial Downloads, Old iOS Updates, Developer Files etc.
• Also contains a handy large file scanner that will highlight the largest files stored on your Mac, and is perfect to get rid of those pesky old videos and downloads you no longer need!
• This module by itself can save users several useful gigabytes of space.
• This benefits from our industry leading duplicate detection algorithm. It quickly scans your storage drives to identify exact duplicates, i.e. files and folders that are total duplicates based on their SHA-1 hash values.
• Compare duplicates between multiple folders/locations and selectively choose which duplicates to delete.
• Use our intelligent auto-selection process to save time picking which duplicates to delete and which originals to keep.
• Fully supports external and network drives and also iPhoto and Photo app libraries.
• Blacklist certain folders to ensure they are never scanned.
• Filter and sort duplicates depending on their type/size/name/age, etc.
• This module provides a visual tree map of the storage drive you scan.
• Tree maps can be viewed in various beautiful themes.
• Not just visually pleasing but also very useful as it allows you to quickly identify large files and folders that are taking up the most space on your storage drive.
• Drill-down into folders to see more details.
• Quick Look support.
• Use this information to to either delete or compress files/folders in order to free up valuable disk space.
• The best way to find and remove potential threats to your Mac's privacy and security.
• Remove malicious browser extensions and spyware that cause annoying popup ads.
• Scans your browsers, flash plugins and much more in order to remove Caches, Cookies, History, Downloads, Forms, Recent Searches, Web Storage, Last Session Information and much more.
• The perfect module for not only removing unneeded applications, but also all related files that an application has created in order for it to function.
• Related files include caches, preferences, plist and container/library folders, which are no longer required if you want to delete an application.
Please Note: App Uninstaller cannot remove all apps completely due to sandbox restrictions. If this is the case, it will direct you to the specific file locations and allow you to manually remove any apps/files that it could not automatically delete on your behalf.
We've worked hard to make Disk Aid as powerful and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback and support!
- Bug fixes
- Added native support for M1
Ratings and Reviews
I bought this app mainly for the Duplicate Finder feature, but chose this one because the other functions looked interesting. I have more than ten drives in my machine, so data management is a large task.I was surprised at how useful the data was, and it was presented in a neat, organized manner. Very nice looking.
Would get five stars except for a few enhancement requests that I would have:
1) Dashboard: “Free Space” should have the option of selecting multiple drives, so I can see free space on my system, not just the boot drive.
2) Disk View: Again, being able to select multiple folders/drives would be fantastic, aggregating the results of all results.
3) Privacy Guard: The Adware listings imply that I have those types of Adware on my machine. To the best of my knowledge (including scans and manual checks), I don’t have any of those. Maybe they shouldn’t even be displayed if the size of the data is zero.
Even accounting for those three requests, I think this app is well worth the price.
Finally, an app that works!!
Wow, I was about to lose my mind over the fact that my old G5 Mac was completely incompatible with the Macbook Pro when it came to merging Photo-libraries and I spent hours at the apple store with specialists who couldn’t figure out the problem. After multiple attempts to erase my duplicates I always ended up with either losing a portion of the originals as well (thank god for flash-card backups) or not getting the job done period! This app is phenomenal as far as I’m concerned. I just erased 5340 duplicates in my I-photo library giving me over 30GB or storage back!!!
I carefully checked about a hundred photos prior to pushing that “enter” button and I am happy to report that it did not only erase double and tripple duplicates but it also managed to preserve originals and their modified versions!! as i said….WOW and congrats to the developers of this app. I would easily pay 100 bucks for this one. I can’t tell you how relieved I am now that I can finally complete my edits on 15 years of history.
Don’t get ditracted by negative reviews!
This app is really fine. It will delete virtually all of the critical materials that you want to delete. The support is excellent. When you email the company it resonds quickly and helpfully. The complaint about the download problem is bogus. The download is controlled by the App Store not the developers! The remark about using CCleaner to solve problems is also a big problem. Anyone who goes online to check out this app will discover that it will share info about your drive and its contents (admitted by the developer of CCleaner to increase income) to merchants as does Google and others. It also has a major back door issue also demonstrated by several security companies. This is public knowledge and not my imagination.
Disk Aid is totally compatible with High Sierra, is quick and efficient. If you do not have it buy it! A wonderful utility for all Mac users.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- FIPLAB Ltd
- 11.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 FIPLAB Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.