DiskCatalogMaker is a simple disk management tool which catalogs disks and folders.
- Simple, smart and fast.
- Super fast search algorithm.
- Optimized cataloging engine for multi-core/multiprocessor systems.
- Trusted catalog database format for scalability and storage of huge data.
- Compressing catalog data for disk space.
- macOS Mojave Dark Mode support.
- CD-TEXT format support.
- Cataloging a folder on a network volume.
- Long unicode name and Asian languages support.
The standard edition of DiskCatalogMaker offers more features:
- Importing thumbnail images of various file formats.
- Importing file lists from Zip, StuffIt, 7-Zip, RAR, tar, gzip, bzip2, CompactPro and LHA archives.
- Importing Finder tags (macOS 10.10 or later).
- Added native support for Macs running Apple Silicon.
- A few minor updates to make this app better.
- Fixed a problem that field separators will be missing after empty fields when exporting a text file.
- Updated some translations.
Ratings and Reviews
Does the job, fast, useful
Handles the job I needed- basic disk cataloging.
Three small bugs:
1. Cannot handle multiple volumes with the same name. I cataloged the internal hard drive on one computer (“Macintosh HD”) and when I opened the catalog on a second computer, it offered to rescan “Macintosh HD” instead of recognizing that they were NOT the same drive (different computers, one is a 1TB APFS Fusion Drive running Big Sur, second computer has a 500GB HFS Extended drive running High Sierra.)
2. Cataloged numerous drives on one computer, put the catalog file on a thumb drive to take to a second location and catalog drives on a different computer. Double-clicked the catalog file (first launch after installation) and the app wanted to create a new catalog file instead of using the one I just clicked. Had to manually point it to that file.
3. App scans a drive, then immediately offers to rescan that same drive when it is mounted again. There should not be an activity popup for this.
Otherwise it seems to work well, haven’t yet tried most features though.
Version 7.5.3 will not update
Version 7.5.3 will not update via the App Store. Just get the spinning icon. Developer's website doesn't provode for an update method either.
Disk Catalog Maker LE
I used DCMLE to cqtalog my classical music collection of over 300 CD’s. I often wish to edit the catalogued title to reflect the composer or develop a category like W / for World Music. THis is allowed and easy. What I really like is the SEARCH ability which includes every word on every title, every track, and every version of my database. I can find anything I want to locate. For example “Polish” will find the title Tchaikovsky / Symphony #3 [Disk 3] and tracks 1 thru 6. This is really powerful. How about “On the Road” which finds 3 discs containing Willie Nelson songs and which track numbers.
There are some functional flaws but I am experiencing very good cooperation with the developers. I find this refreshing!
Is it worth the price? YES, DEFINITELY IF YOU HAVE A LARGE CATALOGING JOB TO DO.
Everything with Apple is constantly growing, improving, changing. Get on board and enjoy the ride!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- katsuya fujiwara
- 6.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Fujiwara Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.