DiskCatalogMaker is a simple disk management tool which catalogs disks and folders.
- Simple, smart and fast.
- Super fast search algorithm.
- Optimized cataloging engine for multi-core/multiprocessor systems.
- Trusted catalog database format for scalability and storage of huge data.
- Compressing catalog data for disk space.
- macOS Mojave Dark Mode support.
- CD-TEXT format support.
- Cataloging a folder on a network volume.
- Long unicode name and Asian languages support.
The standard edition of DiskCatalogMaker offers more features:
- Importing thumbnail images of various file formats.
- Importing file lists from Zip, StuffIt, 7-Zip, RAR, tar, gzip, bzip2, CompactPro and LHA archives.
- A few minor updates to make this app better.
- Improved startup time when opening a large catalog.
- Updated some translations.
Ratings and Reviews
Version 7.5.3 will not update
Version 7.5.3 will not update via the App Store. Just get the spinning icon. Developer's website doesn't provode for an update method either.
Disk Catalog Maker LE
I used DCMLE to cqtalog my classical music collection of over 300 CD’s. I often wish to edit the catalogued title to reflect the composer or develop a category like W / for World Music. THis is allowed and easy. What I really like is the SEARCH ability which includes every word on every title, every track, and every version of my database. I can find anything I want to locate. For example “Polish” will find the title Tchaikovsky / Symphony #3 [Disk 3] and tracks 1 thru 6. This is really powerful. How about “On the Road” which finds 3 discs containing Willie Nelson songs and which track numbers.
There are some functional flaws but I am experiencing very good cooperation with the developers. I find this refreshing!
Is it worth the price? YES, DEFINITELY IF YOU HAVE A LARGE CATALOGING JOB TO DO.
Everything with Apple is constantly growing, improving, changing. Get on board and enjoy the ride!
Does what it promises and does it beautifully
I've been using this for a few years to catalog a bunch of hard drives with various media on them. I don't keep most of them connected unless I need to access one, and this program makes finding what I'm looking for a simple task rather than a headache. Search is fast, scanning (and rescanning) disks is fast, and it's really stable. I was happy with version 5 for a long time, but for $2 I'll glady upgrade.
- katsuya fujiwara
- 5 MB
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Fujiwara Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.