◆◇ Ranked #1 top-grossing Reference category app on 15 Mac App Stores in 2012. (Austria, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland)
Simple, smart and fast.
DiskCatalogMaker is a simple disk management tool which catalogs disks and folders.
》 Key Features
Catalog your discs
● Drag and drop your disk icon onto the catalog window.
● Use batch scan mode for multiple discs.
● You can also use the generate thumbnail images option.
View your catalogs
● Finder like intuitive look and feel.
● You can print a catalog.
● Use “Select Original” to reveal an item on Finder.
● Use “Open Original” to open an item directly.
● Use “Quick Look” to preview an item without even opening it.
Search through your catalogs
● Find by name and other file attributes.
● Use AND/OR boolean search expressions.
● Search through your catalogs via Spotlight.
● macOS Mojave Dark Mode support.
● Super fast search algorithm.
● Opening multiple catalogs at once.
● Optimized cataloging engine for multi-core/multiprocessor systems.
● Trusted catalog database format for scalability and storage of huge data.
● Compressing catalog data for disk space.
● Zip, StuffIt, RAR, 7-Zip, tar, gzip, bzip2, CompactPro and LHA archive formats support.
● DiskTracker text, CD-TEXT format support.
● Cataloging a folder on a network volume.
● Long unicode name and Asian languages support.
- A few minor updates to make this app better.
- Improved startup time when opening a large catalog.
- Updated some translations.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent if you have lots of hard drives!
this program makes it possible for me to locate files that apple search prgrams overlook.
Most important app on my computer!
Fantastic App. Indespencible.
Does everything it needs to do. Some things could be more convenient.
This reviews DiskCatalogMaker as used to keep track of about 4 million files with considerable redundancies and different versions of files that need to be distinguished.
Cataloging is fast. Boolean searching is straightforward. When a find target file or folder is double clicked, the software prompts mounting the appropriate volume and navigates to the target for opening. There seems to be a comprehensive set of features and configuration options. Exploratory search and browsing wants a good bit of screen real estate. It operates across two open windows, and thumbnails display requires screenflow which opens an extra column. Use of contextual menus for some information would be helpful in reducing the need to have both windows open. Also, quick look requires the original files, thus mounting their volumes. It would expedite searches if quick look, particularly in the find window, could show the names and/or thumbnails of a target folders contents. These are minor inconveniences.
- katsuya fujiwara
- 6.1 MB
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Fujiwara Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.