Warning: retina resolutions not supported on macOS Sierra
** Please read our statement on www.jibapps.com if you'd like to continue using Displays **
Displays is your new toolbox to manage your monitors!
-- SELECT ANY RESOLUTION --
Select your monitor resolution with two mouse clicks, among all supported resolutions supported, even those usually hidden. Each resolution can be customized (hide, change label...) and Displays supports all active monitors attached to your Mac, including AirPlay.
-- PICTURE IN PICTURE --
If you want to watch what your secondary monitor is displaying (for example, if this monitor is in another room, or not visible), Displays can enable a Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode overlay, that you can move everywhere. And PiP can be enabled for more than one monitor.
-- NIGHT MODE --
When night is coming, our Night mode helps to rest your eyes. With one click (or any keyboard shortcut), you can lower your display brightness, reduce blue light emitted by your monitor and even switch to OS X Dark Mode.
-- VIRTUAL LASER POINTER --
Draw attention of your audience when you're doing demos or presentations. All the screen will be dimmed, except the area around your mouse pointer. Mouse clicks can be highlighted with animation & sound, and everything is customizable (radius, screen color and opacity...).
-- OTHER FEATURES --
- Quickly locate your mouse pointer with a keyboard shortcut
- Take screenshot, with mouse pointer, and upload it to Dropbox or CloudApp
- Show a Test Card to help in monitor calibration
- Hide your desktop icons easily
- Enable or disable mirroring mode
- Get information about all your monitors
- Rotate your display
- Get notifications
- Use keyboard shortcuts to easily change resolution
- New: choose location and filename for screenshots
- New: upload screenshots to either Dropbox or CloudApp
- New: sound played when taking screenshot can be disabled
- New: virtual laser can distinguish between left and right click
- New: drag and drop is now possible when desktop icons are hidden
- New: notification can be displayed when hiding desktop icons
- Dark theme is applied to built-in notifications when required
- Improved performance when playing sounds
- Fixed an issue when switching to night mode
Ratings and Reviews
Dark Mode broken
Trying to find an app that can simulate night mode with an inversed menubar tone. This app did work in previous builds, but no longer works correctly in MacOS Sierra. The Menubar does not change when activating Night Mode, leaving the user with a bright bar along the top of the screen. I'm pretty sure it's due to changes in Sierra which was released 6 months ago for beta, June 2016, and to the public, over 2 months ago. I'm hoping that the app is updated soon.
Some funtions work and some don’t, like “night mod” thats a joke and screen rotation for the 90º angle doesnt work for the 2015 macbook pro with retina display.
Works as designed
Great app. Glad it unlocks the 2880 x 1880 on my retina display.
I usually work with 2 thunderbolt monitors in the office, so it’s really difficult when travelling being confined to the lower resolution. I don’t know why Apple doesn’t unlock this for the Retina.
Anyway, this app works exactly as advertised. No issues on my Yosemite 10.10.5 Macbook Pro 15”.
I also like the hide desktop icons feature, which is useful for web conferencing or just clearing the clutter from your visual frame.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.