Measure roads, parks, land, countries, lakes, etc from a satellite view. Calculates distances, areas, and perimeters.
Features that this application offers that most competitors do not:
- Add custom distance and area units.
- Draw interior polygons (like the icon)
- Draw interior polygons. For example, land area with bodies of water removed.
- Add a point to the middle of a path (Most only allow you to add to the end of the path) Tap to add to the end of a path. Long press to add to the middle of a path.
- Swap two points in a path or polygon.
- Add your current location from GPS receiver.
- 3 map layer options
- Export and import .kml files via Dropbox, iCloud, email, etc
- Many settings can be changed on the map without having to enter settings
- Pins are draggable
- Name, notes, and color fields for each path and polygon
- Email or text message path and polygon data
- 4 verbosity modes. See only the information that you want to see.
- Search by postal code, city, address, etc
4 drawing modes:
- Polygon with hollow spaces inside
- No edit mode (to prevent accidental edits)
Values displayed for paths:
- Total distance
- Incremental distance for each waypoint
Values displayed for polygons:
- Distance for each side
Add points to a path or polygon in 1 of 4 ways:
- Tap on the map
- Use your current location
- Enter coordinates manually (add point by another method and edit latitude and longitude)
- Import .kml file
Default distance units include:
- Nautical miles
Default area units include:
- Square metres
- Square feet
- Square yards
- Square kilometres
- Square miles
- Square nautical miles
- Degrees, minutes
- Degrees, minutes, seconds
Note that this application uses Apple Maps. We cannot change the satellite images. If you notice that the imagery is out of focus or out of date, please report this to Apple after verifying that the issue also exists in the Maps app from Apple.
Loading satellite maps requires an internet connection.
Please visit the support page for more information.
- Added support for landscape and iPad split screen.
- Added support for iPhone X.
- Many low-level UI changes.
Supporting all layouts required significant backend changes. Please report any issues by emailing the developer.
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.