A popular application of the handheld devices is to make use of the built-in Map to measure distances and areas. You may have been resigned to accepting the rough results for the lines and areas you digitize by using your finger tip or a capacitive stylus. Now, you can experience exciting digitization precision with the “Area - Distance” app. You will be able to do the following using the Area - Distance app on your iPAD, iPhone or iPod touch:
* Precisely digitize Points, Lines and Areas and save them as Features.
* View position, length or area values for the saved Features.
* Label the Lines with segment lengths and directions as well as corner angles.
* Label the Areas with size in acres and square feet or hectares and square meters.
* Measure distances and areas without saving the shapes.
* Move existing nodes to fine-tune the map drawing.
* Create Points from entered coordinates.
* Create Points from an imported text file.
* Create a Point or record a node by picking the GPS location.
* Search a location by address or by coordinates.
* Save the job data file for later use.
* Output the drawing and the coordinates to PDF.
* Email the job data files and the PDF files to your colleagues.
The Area - Distance app comes with a detailed built-in help document.
Please note: Location data depends on the GPS receiver used. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app will let you easily toggle the built-in GPS on or off.
Recompiled for 64-bit architecture.
Ratings and Reviews
Useful and pretty accurate
It would be a great update if you were able to move a node at the end of a line and see the bearing/distance measurement change instead of only coordinates changing. Also having the ability to grab not just a node but an entire area would be good feature also. It could be your first update
- Corvallis Microtechnology, Inc.
- 17.1 MB
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Corvallis Microtechnology, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.