Learn about spirits before you ever spend a cent, so you know you’re making the right purchase.
Distiller has whiskey, agave, rum, brandy, gin and vodka.
With a panel of alcohol industry experts writing reviews, and a growing community of spirits fans sharing their own tastes, you’ll never have to guess which whiskey to buy, which mezcal to try, which rum would be good for your cocktail, what bottle of gin to pick up, or which brandy you should give as a gift.
- Thousands of expert reviews of all types of liquor, with new reviews added daily
- Scan barcodes on bottles to quickly get information about the spirit inside
- The Distiller flavor profile on every reviewed spirit shows you what tastes to expect
- Keep track of what you’ve tried by recording tastes with ratings, tasting notes, locations, and what you paid
- Get recommendations for what to try next
- Find information on everything from rare bottles to every day favorites
- Create your own custom lists of spirits, like playlists of what you love, or what you want to try next
- Easily search, sort, and filter through thousands of original reviews
- Discuss your favorite spirits with other Distiller users, and follow them to see what they’re saying
With thousands of reviews or whiskey, bourbon, scotch, rye, mezcal, tequila, rum, cachaça, brandy, cognac, pisco, gin, vodka, and everything in between, Distiller is the best app for liquor consumers!
"With expert ratings and thousands of data points, it's like a well-curated music feed, but for booze.” -- Gizmodo.com
"It’s like having one of those snooty liquor connoisseurs on call, in your pocket. Except no annoying mustache. " -- Yahoo! Tech
"It feels almost like a throwback startup. Booze Google." -- Business Insider
Say hi or get support at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Fix for Share button on iPad iOS 13.4
- Display fixes for user avatars
- Pro users will no longer see upgrade messages
- Support updates and other general improvements
Something broken? We’ll fix it! Reach us at email@example.com to let us know.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Being a newbie to bourbon whiskey drinking over the past few months, my initial tastings/purchases came via word of mouth. After finding out about the Distiller app, I’ve had a lot of fun while gaining a lot of knowledge through the app. Love the descriptions of the flavor profiles of my favorite brands - the graph is great! The expert reviews seem to be accurate for the most part, so finding different brands that boast my favorite flavor profiles immediately go on the Wish List - which is helpful when shopping. Another reviewer mentioned adding a way to search for brands utilizing the different aspects of these flavor profiles, which I agree with - this would be a great tool and a great time saver. But with that being said, a lot of the fun within the app is just browsing brands. All in all, this app is entertaining and educational. Here’s a big thumbs up - thanks.
Great app - best feature is the taste profile
I've been using this app for a couple of years and it has become indispensable in understanding the beverage offerings in many parts of the world I've travelled, from France, to Japan to most recently, Tasmania. One or two suggestions: it would be great if you could adapt your profile graphic to an interactive function and to be able to adjust sliders to draw a profile in 'search' - for instance, search for a more smokey and spicy, less sweet whiskey - and get results that align with the profile I am looking for - it would be an amazing function. Similarly, if I am looking at a review, to go beyond the three recommendations, to be able to request a list of results reflecting 'more smokey' or 'more rich' (pardon the grammar) would be fantastic. But really, great app with a fantastic database of bevs.
Overall Great, Room for Improvement Though
I love this app overall.
Suggestions for improvement:
- Add an option to have a list or log of previous checkins so you don’t have to search the specific name to find it and see your checkin(s).
- Make it less laggy. Takes a few seconds to be able to search every time I load the app.
- Add more filters, for example regions for scotch or more specific price points based on your area. Whiskey very widely in previous (like other alcohol) and the price range filter is not very sensible as is.
- Improve the “you may also like” lists to be more relevant. Often times they show completely different whiskey types than what I am even looking at.
- Improve the social component to where you can see what people are buying near you and how they like it. That way you can feel a sense of community if you don’t have friends that use this app.
- Be able to filter pro reviews by reviewer. As we all know taste is subjective, but it’s often difficult to sort by the pro ratings if they have only been reviewed by one “pro”/“expert.” Thus if you want to try something and see it has a low score, having multiple expert reviews (perhaps show the average expert score in the search window) and then have all the expert reviews viewable and collapsible once the whiskey or drink is pulled up.
- Distiller Inc
- 116.6 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Distiller Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.