DISTRAINT: Deluxe Edition 17+
Winterveil Studios Oy
Designed for iPad
DISTRAINT is a 2D psychological horror adventure game.
You step into the shoes of an ambitious young man named Price.
In order to secure a partnership in a famous company, Price seizes the property of an elderly woman.
In that very moment, he finds out the price of his humanity.
This is his story and the tale of his regrets...
DISTRAINT is a horror-novel style of game. It is dark and grim but also has its share of dark humor.
The story progresses quickly which allows for several settings and scenarios.
Your journey will last around two hours!
The gameplay is simple but effective: You move left and right and solve puzzles to progress through the atmospheric story.
• Side scrolling 2D with unique, hand drawn graphics
• Atmospheric music and sound design
• Minimalist interface so your focus never wavers from the experience
• Delve into a unique story full of intriguing twists
• One man effort - No asset flips or cheap tricks, just hard work!
DISTRAINT has been doing quite well thanks to the awesome community!
Deluxe Edition is my thanks to you. Take a look at what's new:
• Dynamic coloring - Goodbye gray, hello color!
• Enhanced animation, graphics, and lighting effects
• Refined audio for better atmosphere
• Improved user interface
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
A rare game on the app store!
These are the kind of games that I just can’t help but smile when I come across. It’s very well made and a perfect length at two hours. If you like phycological horror type games then this is a must play. The controls are simple and the games runs butter smooth. Other developers should be following in the footsteps of this developer and remember that they are making a game on a phone and create everything built around that notion. I can’t wait to play the second one!!
I’d left this unplayed for about a year, just another title in my backlog of games. I decided to play it this Halloween, fully expecting a creepy horror game. What I wasn’t expecting was to get emotionally punched in the gut.
Yeah the controls are a bit finicky (gotta face just so to get the interaction prompt), yeah there’s one crazy segment where I got thoroughly confused and had to check a walkthrough, but oh man none of that matters because the story will knock the wind out of you. Especially these days, when evictions are absolutely through the roof and people everywhere are being thrown from their homes into the streets.
Timely game, especially if you like emotionally charged horror, or if you dislike landlords.
A game everyone should talk about
I’ve stumbled upon Distraint randomly few years ago, when it was just launched and I was mesmerized by the story. Not just the overall story (which is truly astonishing) but the story of Price and every poo soul he meets in his path. Without a doubt - I knew I played the best horror game for mobile, I’ll remember the sad and haunting story forewer. I won’t write down any spoilers, so I’ll end the review with saying that I’ve played it in two days the first time I got it. I’m glad I have the deluxe version now. Looking forward to part 2.
The developer, Winterveil Studios Oy, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Winterveil Studios Oy
- 184.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Jesse Makkonen
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.