DISTRAINT is a 2D psychological horror adventure game.
You step into the shoes of an ambitious young man named Price.
In order to secure a partnership in a famous company, Price seizes the property of an elderly woman.
In that very moment, he finds out the price of his humanity.
This is his story and the tale of his regrets...
DISTRAINT is a horror-novel style of game. It is dark and grim but also has its share of dark humor.
The story progresses quickly which allows for several settings and scenarios.
Your journey will last around two hours!
The gameplay is simple but effective: You move left and right and solve puzzles to progress through the atmospheric story.
• Side scrolling 2D with unique, hand drawn graphics
• Atmospheric music and sound design
• Minimalist interface so your focus never wavers from the experience
• Delve into a unique story full of intriguing twists
• One man effort - No asset flips or cheap tricks, just hard work!
DISTRAINT has been doing quite well thanks to the awesome community!
Deluxe Edition is my thanks to you. Take a look at what's new:
• Dynamic coloring - Goodbye gray, hello color!
• Enhanced animation, graphics, and lighting effects
• Refined audio for better atmosphere
• Improved user interface
Ratings and Reviews
A rare game on the app store!
These are the kind of games that I just can’t help but smile when I come across. It’s very well made and a perfect length at two hours. If you like phycological horror type games then this is a must play. The controls are simple and the games runs butter smooth. Other developers should be following in the footsteps of this developer and remember that they are making a game on a phone and create everything built around that notion. I can’t wait to play the second one!!
A game everyone should talk about
I’ve stumbled upon Distraint randomly few years ago, when it was just launched and I was mesmerized by the story. Not just the overall story (which is truly astonishing) but the story of Price and every poo soul he meets in his path. Without a doubt - I knew I played the best horror game for mobile, I’ll remember the sad and haunting story forewer. I won’t write down any spoilers, so I’ll end the review with saying that I’ve played it in two days the first time I got it. I’m glad I have the deluxe version now. Looking forward to part 2.
Dark and emotional
A pretty good, if grim, story, with some awkward but learnable controls. I enjoyed it. I had to look up how to get through the part with the green glowing light. I found it hard to understand. Otherwise, it was fun to play, and a bit creepy in a good way.
- Winterveil Studios Oy
- 184.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Jesse Makkonen
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.