Dividend Calc is designed to help you give a sense of your annual dividend returns from your list of stocks.
Dividend Calc makes rough estimates on dividend returns based on the current dividend yield and stock price. Do not rely on this as predictor of future dividend payouts. Only use this as an extra guidance tool in your decision-making of dividend stocks.
Also, we do not support all the market indexes. For example, you likely will not find symbols for index or mutual funds. We are looking into improving that but we do want you to know this upfront. We are more focused on US centric markets so this might not be useful for users who invest outside the US.
* Create a list of stocks. Each one with a number of shares to get an estimate of your annual/quarterly returns for each stock.
* Each dividend stocks will have a dividend report that shows how much you are projected to earn annually (and possibly quarterly).
* Set target annual dividend amounts to compare how much your stock list have to go to get to the ideal amount.
* Research your stock's performance, dividend payout history, and related news.
* Favorite stocks that you want to keep a particular eye for. There are no rules on how you decide to manage them. Its up to you.
Data provided for free by IEX. More info here: https://iextrading.com/api-exhibit-a
You can help make Dividend Calc better by providing reviews on the iTunes store. Let us know what you like and don't like. We love all feedback.
* Fixing some user specific bug with the total annual return (hopefully).
* Adding new dividend history details. You can drill into each period for extra info now.
* Fixing some stock list UI issues.
* Added some performance fixes.
* Fixing chart and division to be less data hungry by default.
NOTE: Needed to remove 5 yr segments on Dividend History and Charts for being too costly (for now). Adding 5 days to charts as a compromise but yeah...will revisit when the dust settles a little.
Ratings and Reviews
I want to give this app 5 stars because of how easy it is to use, but it’s held back by a small but important flaw.
About two updates ago, the app stopped returning data on positions for ETFs. So VTI, for example, shows a return of 0 when it should be 1.81. My total annual value no longer reflects the real world.
As one of the few non-subscription based Apps remaining, it would be nice to see this functionality return.
Developer Response ,
Sorry, vierge99. We are having some issue properly returning ETFs at the moment. Working thru some teething issues with these at the moment. Might have to filter these out until I can get these endpoints working.
Great easy app
Love this app. Tried a few others that are either too slow or annoying with ads. I like how you just put in your symbol and amount and your done. Easy to update for when I buy some more stocks! I hold about about 60 holdings and they were all able to be input. I like paying attention to how much dividend income you get a year and it displays it right on top. It can fluctuate day by day based on recent payments and dividend cuts. Thanks Tomatoboy (the developer). I’m hoping you continue to update this awesome product... even though it was free for me :D :)
I think I hit a limit ...
Couldn’t figure out why my projected annual dividend went down when I added new equities until I noticed that stocks I had added previously were missing.
It looks like the developer has limited the number of equities to around 125 after which they start dropping off the bottom of the list.
Initially I was very positive on this app but unfortunately I have over 300 positions in an account that was created by an ex-portfolio manager that I’m trying to track dividends and I just wasted several hours loading data only to find that the app was dropping previous entries without any notice.
Would love to see this fixed and would go to 5 stars
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much again for bringing this to our attention, bilbobigg. Just pushed up a fix for this issue but it would be great to see if it works for you in the wild. Feel free to update your review here either way so I know how it went. Alternatively, you can send your update via our tomatoboy.co/contact page.
- Tomato Boy LLC
- 22.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- 2017-2019 © Tomato Boy LLC. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.