Having won over 160 awards and nominations including a BAFTA, Divinity: Original Sin 2 finally comes to Mac. Form a party and experience true branching gameplay with a story unique to each player, in a world filled with evil and abandoned by the gods. Your choices matter, so choose wisely, and know that only one of you can become the new Divine!
Warning: before purchasing, please verify if your machine meets the requirements listed below.
- Play as one of 5 fantasy races, each with their own personalities and stories: Elves, Dwarves, Lizards, Humans, and the Undead.
- Explore a vast world full of loot, treasures, upgrades, and stories with unprecedented branching narratives.
- Turn-based combat featuring the elements of nature: combine fire, earth, water, air and everything in between to take down your enemies.
- Talk to animals and ghosts to gain unique insights about the world and its secrets.
- Up to 4 players online or 2 player split-screen coop.
- Hold CMD when launching the game to access language and configuration options.
Requirements: to check your Mac model, select "About This Mac" from the Apple menu in your menu bar.
- macOS 10.14.2 Mojave (or higher) recommended
- macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra supported
- MacBook Pro: all since late 2016
- MacBook Air: all since mid 2017
- iMac: all since late 2014 with Radeon graphics, and all iMacs since mid 2017
- Mac Pro: all since 2019
- Mac mini: all since 2018
- eGPU: all official eGPU modules based on AMD GPUs
- macOS 10.14.2 or higher
- Any iMac capable of 500Nits display that supports Automatic Brightness Adjustment.
Compatibility changes with macOS Big Sur
Ratings and Reviews
I personally enjoy RPG the most compared to anything else and this game got me hooked istantly. Most irretating thing i find in rpgs is that i usually stick to one playstyle which is being stealth oriantted character but with the vast amount of options of skills and combinations of them i found this game to be so addictive, two of my personal favorite combos so far have been a necromance warrior, and recent one being an elf archer with pyrokinetic abilities, and still the are. large amount of combos to explore.
This game got me hooked on right from the start. The story is great and there are many different game mechanics that make the it unique. Additionally, if you have the touchbar on the macbook, there are buttons that make it more easy to navigate through the game. The game runs smoothly for the most part and there are no in app purchses, so more money saved :)
This game would be teriffic if it worked
I played the first iteration of this game on steam, so after purchasing a new 2020 macbook with a stepped up CPU and 4K workstation I was very excited. Unfortunately, afer installing the game twice and following all the recommendations on the internet I could find I could not make saved games load. All progress is lost every single day. This is basic and completely unacceptable. Also, the game isn't set up for a basic DOOM FPS movement set on the keyboard. I know we use a mouse now, but wolfenstein pulled this off. Maybe I'm asking too much, saved progress and basic controls. I'm just looking for the heir to NWN and finding garbage.
Developer Response ,
This was a known issue, primarily on MacBook Air or recent MacBook Pro systems using integrated graphics, which should be fixed in the latest update.
Previously, this could be avoided by disabling shadows in the graphics options, or worked around (until the game was restarted) by starting a new game or loading a save on the ship, and entering Fort Jot again that way first, then loading existing Fort Joy saves.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Larian Studios Games Ltd.
- 20 GB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2018 Larian Studios Games Ltd.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.