Having won over 160 awards and nominations including a BAFTA, Divinity: Original Sin 2 finally comes to Mac.
Form a party and experience true branching gameplay with a story unique to each player, in a world filled with evil and abandoned by the gods. Your choices matter, so choose wisely, and know that only one of you can become the new Divine!
- Play as one of 5 fantasy races, each with their own personalities and stories: Elves, Dwarves, Lizards, Humans, and the Undead.
- Explore a vast world full of loot, treasures, upgrades, and stories with unprecedented branching narratives.
- Turn-based combat featuring the elements of nature: combine fire, earth, water, air and everything in between to take down your enemies.
- Talk to animals and ghosts to gain unique insights about the world and its secrets.
- Up to 4 players online or 2 player split-screen coop.
The game has the following technical requirements and recommendations. To check your Mac model, select "About this Mac" from the Apple menu in your menu bar.
- macOS 10.14.2 Mojave (or higher) recommended
- macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra supported
- macOS 10.12.6 Sierra can launch the game but does not meet quality standards and is not officially supported.
- macOS 10.14.3 Mojave: limited to 4 players, 5 player support for Gamemaster mode is coming
- macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra: limited to 2 players
- MacBook Pro: all since late 2016
- MacBook Air: all since mid 2017
- iMac: iMacs with AMD GPUs since late 2013
- Mac Pro: all since late 2013 (not available in initial launch, will be added later)
- Mac mini: all since 2018
- eGPU: all official eGPU modules based on AMD GPUs
- macOS 10.14.2 or higher
- Any iMac capable of 500Nits display that supports Automatic Brightness Adjustment.
Not officially supported hardware:
- MacBook Pro: the game works on 15" MacBook Pros since Mid 2015 with AMD Radeon R9 chipsets, but requires at least MacOS 10.13.6. Your gaming experience may vary due to thermal conditions.
- iMac: iMacs since late 2013 with NVIDIA GPUs can run the game but are not officially supported.
- MacBook: MacBooks since early 2015 can run the game but are not officially supported.
- Haswell-based Intel Iris graphics chips currently exhibit artefacts on screen.
Multiplayer compatibility fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Gotta say I am very impressed with how well this plays on my 2016 MacBook pro. Even on the 13 inch with no dedicated graphics card I'm able to play pretty smoothly. I hope more games like this are brought to the Mac
This game got me hooked on right from the start. The story is great and there are many different game mechanics that make the it unique. Additionally, if you have the touchbar on the macbook, there are buttons that make it more easy to navigate through the game. The game runs smoothly for the most part and there are no in app purchses, so more money saved :)
Crashes on startup.
Very dissapointed. I bought it the other day, on the basis of the articles talking up the quality of this port. It didn't even run -- it brought up an "critical" error saying that my Mac was not compatible (despite claiming it did on the app's page in the store). Then today, after multiple failed attempts to download and apply a 19GB update, it now brings up the launcher, but immediately crashes out to the desktop (despite any/all options being toggled). Will be looking to see if I can get my money back on this.
Developer Response ,
Can you please email support the specs of your Mac and indicate you’re coming from AppStore. The only Mac that might have the issue is MacPro 2013 which is being fixed very soon.
- Larian Studios Games Ltd.
- 19.5 GB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Larian Studios Games Ltd.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.