READ BEFORE PURCHASE:
This is a next-gen iPad game, and WILL NOT WORK on any device not listed below.
- iPad Pro 11 (2021)
- iPad Pro 12.9 (2021)
- iPad Air (2020)
- iPad Pro 11 (2020)
- iPad Pro 12.9 (2020)
- iPad Pro 11 (2018)
- iPad Pro 12.9 (2018)
At least 18GB of free space is required to install the full game.
Create a hero and change a world. A flesh-eating Elf, an Imperial Lizard or an Undead, risen from the grave? Discover how the world reacts differently to who - or what - you are.
Gather your party and develop relationships with your companions. Blast your opponents in deep, tactical, turn-based combat. Use the environment as a weapon, use height to your advantage, and manipulate the elements themselves to seal your victory.
Ascend as the god that Rivellon so desperately needs.
Explore the vast and layered world of Rivellon alone or in a party of up to 4 players in drop-in/drop-out cooperative play. Go anywhere, unleash your imagination, and explore endless ways to interact with the world.
- Play how you like. Featuring touch controls, mouse & keyboard, and with support for connected devices.
- Venture alone, or as two players on a single device. Or, go online and play as a party of up to four. Drop in, drop out co-op means the choice is yours.
- Seamless split-screen means two players can play at opposite ends of the world without any loading screens, whenever they like.
- Invite, matchmake, and gain achievements through Game Center and use the iCloud for your savegames.
- Cross-save across multiple devices, and cross-play between Mac and iPad. Play on the go, with a friend on Mac, for example!
- Unlimited freedom to explore and experiment. Go anywhere, talk to anyone, and interact with everything! Kill any NPC without sacrificing your progress, and speak to every animal. Even ghosts might be hiding a secret or two…
- Choose your race and origin. Choose from 6 unique origin characters with their own backgrounds and quests, or create your own as a Human, Lizard, Elf, Dwarf, or Undead. All choices have consequences.
- Fixed the game freezing when playing with controller and bluetooth audio
- Fixed input issues when switching from controller to touch UI
- Changed default skip video button to space bar
- Updated several interfaces with minor style changes
- Added better texture quality in the character creation screen
- Added rotation gesture to touchpad when using Magic Keyboard
- Fixed on-screen keyboard popping up when using a keyboard and dragging the map around
- Fixed scrolling talents in character creation
- Fixed broken UI after loading a save while having the trade screen open
- Fixed a profile selection issue when creating a new profile
- Fixed overhead tooltips going offscreen when rotating the camera
- Fixed a rare case of incorrect detection of disk space
- Fixed options button for controllers like Nimbus+
- Fixed touch control issues with all teleport skills
- Fixed an input issue when scrolling to the bottom line of a larger inventory window
- Fixed several user reported crashes. Thank you for sending in the crash reports!
Ratings and Reviews
What the iPad really needs.
I have been using an iPad as my portable computer since 2013. The hardware has come a long way since then, but we don’t have a lot of developers taking the platform seriously for “real,” high-quality games. A big release like will hopefully change that trend. This is an excellent port. The graphical quality is outstanding and the framerate is incredibly stable. It’s excellent that full keyboard and mouse control has been implemented; there are a bunch of games already in the app store that could benefit from this, but almost no developers have taken advantage of this since Apple introduced mouse support more than a year ago.
As far as the gameplay is concerned, I think people know what this game is by now. If you want a spiritual successor to old school crpgs with some modern updates (combat is way more engaging than in Baldur’s Gate, for example), that’s what’s on offer here. If you’re at all interested in that kind of experience, then $25 is a bargain considering the amount of work that’s gone into this title, the length of the game, and the replayability that’s inherent to these kinds of games. Just buy it.
Perfect game, but needs further improvement
It is flawless when it comes to the game, the plot, scene, music and all its content is just among the apex quality.
But except all those good sides, the iPad edition is functional most of the time but the chances of CTD are increasing as the plot goes. I am using an iPad pro 2018 for this game and I finally made my way to the arx city, and each move I make demands careful thought because when you are saving your game in a crowed place, the game crashes. When you are in a massive combat, the game has high chance to crash. And even when you want to talk to a merchant, it crashes for no reason as well. Besides, some of the skill is buggy. Like Adrenaline, if you slide away the bar that skill is in before the animation is finished, then it won’t work but the action point is still costed. Another obvious bug is Nether Swap, it just won’t work and you won’t switch the positions of you and the one you selected. It is either you are moved to them or the other way around. And there are some frauds about the touching control as well but they doesn’t influence the whole gaming.
Overall, I want to say, I know it is a quite demanding game since it is originally from PC, and that Ipadpro 2018 might be old for this generation, but I hope you can optimize the game and then it would be the best one ever the iOS store has.
Great game, great port!
If you haven’t played this game, I can’t recommend it enough. Voice acting, art, story arc, and gameplay all top-notch. I played this on ps4, but with the 60fps and the IPad Pro 12.9 display, I feel like it’s even more polished and beautiful. And the load times are so much faster on the IPP. It’s makes a real difference. I’m using my ps4 controller, and the controls are the same as the ps4 version as far as I can tell. Some issues with the controller pairing, but fixes with shutting down the game and restarting. Aside from that, I’m just really excited that such an expansive game made it to iPad, and I hope there will be more such games to come!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Larian Studios Games Ltd.
- 1.8 GB
- Requires iPadOS 14.2 or later and a device with the A12 Bionic chip or later.
- Game Controller
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2017 Larian Studios
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.