The DIY Fly Fishing App is designed for anglers who like to chase blue lines on topo maps and spend their nights bent over maps, plotting the next day’s adventure. Harnessing the power of Google Maps you can now create your own custom digital fishing map.
Get turn-by-turn directions to over 27,000 of America’s Best Fly Fishing Spots or add your own. Provides information on the best fly fishing destinations in over 30 US states.
- Get turn-by-turn directions to fishing access spots
- Add Map Markers for Fishing Spots, Boat Ramps and general Points of Interest
- Add notes to your Fishing Spots. Update them as often as you like.
- Get real-time streamflow data from over 9,000 USGS stream gauges.
- View and edit your fishing map from the App or DIYFlyFishing.com.
Featured Destinations include:
US National Parks Fishing Destinations
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Yellowstone National Park
Western US Fishing Destinations
- Arizona Fishing Holes: Lakes Streams and Ponds
- California Fishing Guide: Boat Launches, Fishing Planting Locations, and Fishing Hot Spots
- Colorado Fishing Atlas, Gold Medal Trout Waters, and Best Remote Fly Fishing Destinations
- Idaho Fishing and Boating Access Sites
- Montana Fishing Access Sites
- New Mexico Public Fishing Waters
- Utah Blue Ribbon Fisheries
- Washington Water Access Sites: Boat Launches and Fishing Access Sites
- Wyoming Fishing Public Access Sites
Midwest US Fishing Destinations
- Ohio and Pennsylvania Steelhead Trout Fishing Access Sites in Steelhead Alley
- Michigan Trout Trails and Fishing Access Sites
- Wisconsin Class I Trout Streams in the Driftless Area
Northeast US Fishing Destinations
- Connecticut Trout Management Areas, Wild Trout Management Areas, and Trout Stocking Locations
- Massachusetts Ponds and Public Fishing Access Sites
- Maine Wild Brook Trout Streams and Ponds
- New York Public Access Sites and Parking Areas
- New Jersey Wild Trout Streams
- Pennsylvania Special Regulations Trout Streams and Class A Wild Trout Streams
- Vermont Fishing Access Sites and Boat Launches
Southeast US Fishing Destinations
- Georgia Trout Streams
- Kentucky Fishing Access Sites and Boat Launches
- Maryland Public Angler Access
- South Carolina Trout Streams
1- Minor Bug Fixed
2- Improve app performance
Ratings and Reviews
Turn on Location services
App is cool and does as advertised, but it doesn’t do anything until you turn on location services. 5 stars if they’d just say to do that. I had to wait on an email from the developers. Otherwise great app!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. We have rolled out an update to prompt users to allow use of Location while app in use.
Really great app! I had the app prior to this but the clustering of the locations is a great feature makes things easier to see. Having the location, mileage wise is nice prior was looking at most of the state I live in. Now it is narrowed down greatly to show more locations closer to home. Great app!!
Slow and cumbersome
THis full featured app is slow and cumbersome to use. It takes some time to figure it out and then it doesn't always work. I'm hopinh it will get better
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback Lenny. We continue to work to improve the app. For instance, the next update will include an improved search function and speed enhancements based on user feedback. If you have any other specific recommendations please let us know. Best, Ken
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.