We are on a mission to connect kids who share interests because we know that creativity is contagious!
DIY is the largest global interest-based community where all content (including 500+ hours of project-based learning) is totally FREE to use in the form of how-to videos, hands-on projects, and TV shows.
Additionally, parents can opt for a DIY Plus subscription thereby allowing their kids to post their content, share creativity, interact with 1000s of kids from across 170+ countries, join 100+ live interactive workshops every month, participate in contests, and win prizes!
The platform enables thinking, learning, and creating in a safe environment that is moderated by experts and mentors, 24x7, across all time zones.
Here’s why DIY is an awesome place for the creative and curious:
- Endless Skill Discovery: Wonder how things work? Explore 100s of skills across areas like STEM, art, crafts, fun DIY stuff, gaming, coding - and everything in between!
- Guilt-Free Screen Time: Learn from exciting courses, how-to videos, live workshops, action-inspiring shows, and fun challenges designed to help kids learn by doing.
- Goodies For The Win: Collect Gems upon completing different actions on the platform. Use those Gems to get awesome goodies from the DIY Shop!
- Kids Inspiring Kids: Creativity is contagious! Share it with other kids on DIY and your ideas could be the start of something new. Develop a healthy competitive spirit by taking part in contests and collaborating with the community.
- Social Skills 101: Make friends and share your passions with kids from around the world that have similar interests. Make the most of the DIY community by hosting your own live workshops or even gaming sessions!
- Build Your Digital Portfolio: Craft a personalized profile with all your creations in it. Parents get notified every time their kids try a project to keep them in the loop about what interests them and how they are growing!
- All Good In The Hood: No bullies, creeps, ads, or icky content on our COPPA-compliant and KidSafe-certified platform. Moderated 24x7 across all time zones.
Families subscribe to DIY for its huge library of learning content and hands-on projects. They can also opt for DIY Plus to access live sessions and an awesome kid community where kids can safely share online. There’s something for every kid: Art, Photography, Slime, Minecraft, Machines, Sewing, Animation, Cooking, Singing, Coding, Shows … you know, the stuff that makes the world great!
All of DIY’s content is free to access via just a simple sign up. However, DIY plus requires an in-app purchase of a monthly or yearly subscription plan. Each subscription allows adding up to 4 kids. Credit card details are required at the start of DIY Plus’s free trial to confirm parental consent. The trial is absolutely free and can be canceled at any time.
We have made improvements across the app to make the experience better.
Ratings and Reviews
heyy so i might delete this because well... i just don't want to come off rude or something, but here goes nothing-
DIY is an amazing website/app, i've had it for almost 3 years :) But i do have some concerns, DIY (it even says in the introduction) if for 6-16. Now i've come across a profile of someone over 16 (not an adult but still older these the targeted audience) There are people under 13 commenting and stuff on his posts, now this may just be me but- it just comes off as weird. I don't want to be quick to judge but it's also not like he posts a talent (like drawing, writing, etc.) All he does is post photos of himself and other teenage boy things. I was analyzing his profile and I see one of the mods saying that they took down two of his posts for not being fully clothed and guns/weapons. Now the weapon thing doesn't concern me too much (unless it was in a graphic way) but not being fully clothed??? I don't know about you but that seems like a MAJOR red flag, even if he's just posting himself without a shirt, keep in mind most of the users on here are MINORS, CHILDREN, and PEOPLE UNDER THIRTEEN. Shouldn't he be on something like Instagram or TikTok?? Now I don't want to be quick to judge but i've also noticed a lot of the things he likes are photos of girls. That is concerning to say the least. Guys i'm not 100% about this stuff but still, take this into consideration if you ever see this. Thanks again, a DIY user.
Great, but could use some editing.
The new D.I.Y is a wonderful app. I love the community, the rules, just everything and everyone. BUT, that dose not mean this app is perfect. No app is perfect. My first suggestion is to actually give penalties to rude D.I.Yer’s. They are out there, you know. There are also some things I would like to be added back. On the original D.I.Y you could search of usernames, posts, etc.
but on the NEW D.I.Y there isn’t an option to do that. PLUS, now you even need photo library access to do challenges. Here’s another thing; posts take LONGGGGG to compress/upload. Anyway, that’s it for now. But don’t get me wrong, this app is great! It just needs some editing, like any other app. :)
Thank you D.I.Y for responding to others comments and mine as well. I won’t do an email for now, but thanks!
Developer Response ,
Hi there! You should be able to post from your iPhone/iPad and we'll help get this fixed for you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll figure this out 👍
This app is so fun and engaging your kids can learn a whole bunch of new things! And it totally gives them inspiration in their creativity! I’m a user and I’m speaking from experience, this app is awesome and it helps kids find other people who like the same things and then I get so happy when I get even one more follower and it engages me to get more followers by posting more and more things! And this app is so supportive of anyone! and tbh ITS THE BEST THING IVE EVER DOWNLOADED (btw I’m not lying It the best) and I’m not some jerk parent that thinks this is the worst app because you have to pay for it. There is different settings and you can have a free trial for 14 days and you can cancel the subscription and even have up to 4 kids on the same account so you’re not paying for 4 different kids. It’s awesome and it definitely boosts kids confidence and yeah that’s all so I totally recommend downloading this app! OH AND ALSO… there is these adults on DIY that moderate stuff so it’s not inappropriate and is super nice and they delete things that are inappropriate ASAP so no kids can have access or can see things you don’t want you’re kids to see - a person who uses this app 😁😄😃😀❤️❤️❤️❤️
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review! Please recommend our app to your friends, and don’t hesitate to shoot us a note at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kyt Technologies Pte. Ltd.
- 71.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+ Infrequent/Mild Contests
- © 2022 Kyt Technologies Pte. Ltd. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- DIY Monthly Plan $7.99
- DIY Yearly Plan $79.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.