IMPORTANT: This free download will give you sample entries from the dictionary. An in-app purchase is required to activate the full dictionary.
Do you speak Italian and want to learn English? The Dizionario Oxford Study is a best-seller, a reliable bilingual dictionary that is used and trusted by Italian-speaking learners of English to develop their vocabulary and language skills. You can look up a word in either Italian or English to find its translation, hear English words pronounced, and learn how to use them correctly.
The Dizionario Oxford Study is now available as an app with the full A-Z dictionary, real voice (not text to speech) audio, and My View to customize your screen. The app was developed by the same team of editors from Oxford University Press who created the printed dictionary, working together with Paragon Software, a leading software developer for mobile devices.
Find the word you want
• Search for the word you want in either English or Italian, and switch dictionary sides with one tap
• Use Full Dictionary Search to find your word in any phrase or example sentence in the dictionary
• Find a word even if you don’t know the spelling with the ‘Did you mean…?’ function and wildcard search
• Swipe right and left to move through the dictionary alphabetically
• The English dictionary text is live – tap any word in an entry to look it up
• View History to see the last 100 words you looked up
Improve your pronunciation
• Listen to the high quality, real-voice audio pronunciation of the English words in both British and American English
• Practise your pronunciation: hear words pronounced with British and American accents, record yourself saying the words and compare your pronunciation
• No internet access required to access the audio content
Personalize your learning
• Use My View to choose how much information appears on your screen – hide IPA, pictures, cross-references – tap to show the full entry again
• Create your own list of Favourite words, and create Folders to organize and store them
Learn more with a dictionary that’s specifically written for Italian-speaking learners of English
• More than 60,000 words, phrases and examples – extensive coverage to meet the needs of English language learners
• The most important words to learn in English are clearly marked with a key (the Oxford 3000™)
• Hundreds of colour illustrations, which you can enlarge and explore to further extend your vocabulary
• Study all English verb forms and hear them pronounced
• Extra information, written especially for Italian-speaking learners of English, appears in usage notes, for example related vocabulary, grammar and cultural information
• Build your topic vocabulary using pre-loaded Topics that bring together words to talk about Computing, Jobs, Sports, etc.
• Tap on any phonetic transcription to bring up a key to the phonetic symbols
Updated to improve compatibility with the latest version of iOS.
- Oxford University Press ELT
- 71 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Oxford University Press
- In-App Purchases
- Dizionario Oxford Study per studenti d’inglese $27.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.