Ready to rock your next party? Introducing the all-new djay: now with live music production tools, enhanced Spotify integration, Automix AI, music visualizers, and countless new features.
djay transforms your iOS device into a full-featured DJ and music production system. Seamlessly integrated with your music library and Spotify, djay gives you direct access to millions of songs. You can perform live, remix tracks, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPad or iPhone.
ALL-NEW USER INTERFACE
• Classic DJ Turntable, 2-Deck, 4-Deck, Looper, Automix, Single Deck, and Video modes
• Deck mode: view your decks and library side by side
• Looper mode: create beats and jam live to your music
• Video mode: mix videos, visual loops, and Live Photos with music
• Automix mode: trigger automatic transitions in a beautiful album cover view
• Single Deck mode: prepare your sets and manage your playlists
MUSIC PRODUCTION TOOLS
• Sequencer: create beats on top of your music live
• Looper: remix your music with up to 48 loops per track
• Beat-matched sequencing of drums and samples
• Extensive content library with hundreds of loops and samples.
• Instant access to millions of songs
• Playlists, Songs, Charts, Browse, and more
• Match: cloud-based song recommendations
• Ultra-low latency, up to 320 kbps
*Requires Spotify Premium and internet connection
• Automatic mixes based on artificial intelligence
• Queue and Playlist automation
• “My Library” section to create and edit your own playlists
• Smart track filtering by BPM, key or genre
• Plug-and-play integration of over 50 MIDI controllers by Pioneer DJ, Reloop, Numark, and Denon DJ
• Advanced MIDI Learn to map any class-compliant MIDI controller
• Support for Bluetooth audio and MIDI
• Support for multi-channel USB audio interfaces and external monitors
NEW AUDIO ENGINE
• Ableton Link integration
• Sync Mode
• Post-fader FX
• High-res waveforms
BUILT FOR iOS
• Accessible via VoiceOver
• Airplay, Live Photos, Apple Watch, and iCloud integration
• 3D Touch, Haptic Feedback, Drag & Drop, Keyboard Shortcuts
• Multi-Tasking: Slide Over and Split View support
• Fully optimized for the latest iPhones and iPads
Top features of the optional djay Pro subscription include:
• Unlimited access to an extensive library of samples, loops, FX, and visuals
• Sampler & Looper
• Advanced Automix
• Video Mixing
• Music Visualizers
• Single Deck mode
• 4-Deck mode
• Advanced media library editing
• Pre-cueing with headphones
• Hardware integration (MIDI controllers, multi-channel audio interfaces, external monitors)
• Subscribe once, access unlimited djay Pro content and features across all of your iOS devices
• 7-day free trial: free access to all djay Pro content and features for one week, cancel anytime
• Subscribe to get unlimited access to all PRO features, loops, FX, sounds, and visuals
• Monthly ($4.99) & yearly ($39.99)*
• Free trial subscription is automatically renewed unless cancelled 24 hours before the renewal
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same price
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
*Prices are equal to the value that "Apple's App Store Matrix" determines is the equivalent of the subscription price in $USD.
djay is compatible with any iPhone or iPad running iOS 11.2 or later.
Thank you for using djay! We update the app regularly to provide the best mixing experience for you. Here is what’s new in this release:
• Improved: VoiceOver will now keep up reading song titles when scrolling media library via MIDI controller
• Improved: added cloud icon to songs in media library that have not been downloaded onto the device
• Fixed: Pioneer DDJ-200 not being detected in some cases
• Various bug fixes and performance improvements
NOTE: If you previously purchased djay 2 or djay Pro, you can continue to use them side-by-side with the new djay and re-download them at any time via the "Purchased" section in the App Store app. Additionally, all of your existing controller mappings, cue points, and purchased FX packs will automatically transfer to the Free and Pro versions of the new djay.
If you enjoy using djay, would you mind taking a moment to write a review on the App Store? Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Ratings and Reviews
Bait and switch (updated)
I previously wrote an angry review with one star for this app. I am seriously annoyed with companies switching to a subscription model instead of supporting apps or desktop applications people have already paid for and expected support for. That said, I am updating my review and rating due to the fact that this update is excellent. It’s the best DJ app on iOS. For 4 stars, I implore Algoriddim GmbH to allow for more comprehensive editorial of the beat grid. Bonus points for allowing the user to create new audio files with truncated versions of tracks. Some songs have sliding, evolving, or distinct tempo sections. “Batdance” by Prince is a great example. There’s basically another song embedded in the middle of that track. As a vinyl DJ I understand that skill can overcome these limitations, but as an Apple customer who just bought a powerful new iPad Pro, I want my machine to use all it’s processor power to make my life easier and to free up my brain goo processor for other creative activities (microphone banter, visuals, dance-offs, etc).
For 5 stars, make this app compatible with Audiobus technology (like DJ Pro is/was).
I would also suggest, if they are receptive, ask Ableton if “DJ” can read .ALS files so that all the warp marking labor undertaken by users can be interpreted non-destructively (ie: without rendering a new audio file). Keep up the good work.
Pretty good update but missing some features. (Updated)
So I have had the new djay app for a couple of months now and I find myself using this version rather than the older one now. I’m not too keen on the subscription model but I use the app enough to justify the yearly subscription fee. The interface feels more intuitive and easier to use and my favorite view so far is the “2 decks” view as the library is just below the deck controls ala Serato or Virtual DJ.
But the killer feature for this version of djay hands-down is the fact that they have added MIDI Mapping natively to djay. I have a CCK (camera connection kit) USB lighting adapter for my iPad and djay now picks up my old Numark Mixtrack Pro and some other newer controllers I have no problem. Plus you can export the MIDI mapping to iCloud and it works for djay Pro on my windows laptop as well!
I love the app so far and can’t wait to see what’s on the horizon for the algoriddim team.
Firstly, it a glorious app on a 12.9 iPad Pro! My main complaints resonates with everyone...we need a way to get songs into playlist without using internal storage. Using Files is great but it copied to internal iPad storage ...someone with 32gb ouch! Perhaps you should develop a storage device? Secondly, the need to import sample libraries...I have many loopmasters packs that I would love to import, that should be easy we are already copying to Djay song folder. Or are you holding that feature so it’s a point release and raise the subscription price? You have the ability to pioneer iPad DJing and get many users on board...don’t screw it up by playing the Traktor game. This is finally a game changing app and you are leaps ahead of other software companies, it’s time to set a great example! The other thing is to add the ability to adjust EQ and Filter frequencies..Denon Prime 4 can do it so should you!!! And lastly importing cue points from other programs like Engine, Traktor and Serato. And let’s all say hi to the hardest working employee Lucas🤪
- algoriddim GmbH
- 175.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2006-2019 algoriddim GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Full Access to PRO $4.99
- Full Access to PRO $39.99
- Full Access to PRO $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.