Inspired by Master Djembeföla, Mamady Keïta, and designed for students and enthusiasts worldwide, djembeföla! is the most comprehensive West African drumming app available today.
Scroll through dozens of traditional rhythms, each with djembe and dunun parts, using sorting options such as Region, Ethnic Group, Cultural Purpose, and more.
Press play and following the djembe signal, the selected rhythm plays in a continuous loop, as the cursor visually marks each beat. With master tempo and volume controls, as well as separate volume sliders and mute buttons for each djembe and dunun part (including the dunun bells) djembefola! is infinitely customizable.
Press the 'i' (info) button for more in-depth information about the rhythm -- information that is vital to the preservation of West African drumming culture.
Play it through headphones for individual woodshedding, or through a home stereo or PA system via WiFi or BlueTooth to play as a group.
Set the sorting function to 'LEVELS' and djembeföla! is uniquely set up to follow TamTam Mandingue Djembe Academy's curriculum for certification. With links to TTMDA and ClubTTM, djembeföla! is the perfect tool to help you achieve your TTMDA certification.
In-app purchases mean you can go at your own pace -- start with the Beginner Levels Module, and when you're ready, explore the Intermediate and Advanced Modules. There's even a Dununba Rhythms Module with fifteen Dununba Rhythms, and future modules will include original rhythms created by Mamady Keïta.
• over 60 rhythms available in Version 1.0
• multiple sorting groups - alphabetical, ethnic group, region, purpose, and TTM curriculum levels
• actual recordings instead of samples - means it sounds organic and authentic instead of computer-generated.
• single page interface - you don't have to switch pages to view the notation, or change the mix.
• master tempo control - slide left or right for .75x to 1.5x the rhythm's default tempo, and simply tap the control to return the tempo to the rhythm's default value.
• individual mute and volume controls - emphasize whichever parts you want to hear more clearly.
• in-app purchases - build your library of rhythms as you go, with available rhythm packs from Beginner to Advanced, and more
• links to TTMDA and ClubTTM - one of the world's most in-depth resources for West African drumming culture, the TTMDA site lists all kinds of drumming events and workshops, as well as links to TTMDA Certified Teachers all over the world. There's an online store, and with ClubTTM, there are countless hours of video posted by both Mamady Keïta and TTM Certified Teachers.
~ added auto-restore for in-app purchases
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this drumming app
This is a gorgeous app that is well-organized and full of music to practice with and to learn more about the rich history and traditions of African drumming. You can listen to the entire ensemble or isolate the drum rhythms(s) you are interested in learning. Additionally, you can adjust the beats per minute to slow it down / speed it up as you learn. The volume for each drum is also individually adjustable. This app is very well thought out and designed. Worth a look!
Extremely helpful app
I used this app in addition to my djembe class to remind me about the rhythms. Even better, its various features—such as the ability to slow the tempo down, choose which parts I want to listen to, or make some parts more quiet than others—helped me practice between classes. It made learning way more fun.
Allow family sharing of in app purchases please
My only complaint is not being able to share my in app purchases with my kid. If you would allow that, I’d rate this app 5 stars.
- Tom Taylor
- 87.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016 taylormadeaudio, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- BEGINNER Rhythm Pack $6.99
- INTERMEDIATE Rhythm Pack $12.99
- DUNUNBA Rhythm Pack $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.