Easy and fast to use, loaded with 154 superb electronic drum kits and beautiful hyper-realistic graphics, DM1 has been designed for a lot of instant fun.
With Midi In & out, DM1 is ready to fit your digital audio workstation.
As electronic musicians ourselves, we, at Fingerlab, have developed DM1 with the intention of delivering the perfect mix between fun playability and powerful sonic capacities. We always keep in mind the importance of a beautiful design with the right balance of powerful abilities while avoiding clumsy, overbusy interfaces.
Check our 154 electronic drum kits. 42 classic vintage drum kits plus 112 in-house produced electronic kits, edited and mastered at Fingerlab professional studio.
Add easily bass and melody to your beats with the instrument mode.
DM1 offers 5 main sections:
1 - THE STEP SEQUENCER Just turn on and off steps in your sequence to create cool beats, or unexpected rhythms!
2 - THE DRUM PADS simply lets you play and record the beat that tickles your fingers on the keyboard. No need to be a first-class drummer, automatic quantize does the work for you.
3 - THE MIXER for quick and subtle sound mixing of your drum kits. Featuring settings for volume, pitch, pan, sample length, custom drum kit element for each channel, mute and solo mode.
4 - THE FX TRACKPADS a creative duo of FX trackpads to distort, modulate and transform your beats. The effects include: Overdrive, Delay, Reverb, Envelope filter, Phaser, Dub Delay, Formant, Texturizer, Robotizer, Dalek, Resonant Filter, Compressor & Noise Gate.
5 - THE SONG COMPOSER allows you to quickly make a song with the beat patterns you have created. Just drag and drop the patterns onto the timeline. Fast and easy.
DM1 for OSX is fully compatible with DM1 for iPad, you can share files between them.
• DM1 The Drum Machine for iPad winner Apple design Award 2012
• Fullscreen Retina Display
• Smart ergonomy for fast creativity and fun
• 154 vintage and produced drum kits, mastered at in-house Fingerlab Sound Studios
• Instrument mode with 6 instruments available (Piano, Korg MicroPreset, Cello, Clavinet, Marimba and MiniLogue)
• Import your samples and create your own kits
• Mixer with pitch, length and level rotary controls, pan controls, and custom drum kit per channel
• Automation Panel for a precise and intuitive control of any Mixer parameter over time
• Automation recording for FXs
• FX Trackpad for real-time sonic destruction and multi-FX
• Time signatures
• The Randomizer tool
• Extra fast drum kit loading
• Playable pattern selection for extra creativity
• Mode song with intuitive editing
• High-quality export
• Separated tracks and AAC encoding export options
• Full Midi Implementation
• Import & Export your song project
Watch DM1 video trailer on YouTube Fingerlab's channel:
Feel free to let us know what you think and what you'd like to see in the next DM1 update.
Watch us : vimeo.com/fingerlab
Visit us : fingerlab.net
Follow us : twitter.com/fingerlab
Contact us : email@example.com
Powered by Fingerlab
This update fixes an issue with the Mixer page tracks titles and MacOs Catalina.
Ratings and Reviews
Great within its limitations [revised review]
If you are new to drum pattern programming, this is really hard to beat (pu-pu-pun not intended). If a rhythm pops into my head in the middle of work, this is that app I launch rather than Ableton Live or GarageBand. If I am in my living room, I launch the iPad version, out and about, the iPhone version. It’s intuitive with enough advanced features to tweak away for hours. I highly recommend it, but it really needs to have an AU version (on Mac and iOS) for it to play well with other apps and be integrated into my music making process. (I originally also wrote, "Project files should be transferable between the Mac and iOS versions.” However, I finally found that this feature also exists in the iPhone version where it is located hidden behind the Song Load button rather than with the other export options.)
First, the Cons:
1. Glitchy. VERY VERY glitchy. If you catch a button at the right second, it will repeat a tone endlessly.
2. Slow. This is definitely not optimized and it has a very noticable lag. Some buttons get locked to the cursor so you can accidentally crank the volume up when you move your mouse.
3. Full Screen is wildly imperfect. It cuts off the top the screen. It leaves the buttons at the top half visible so they are usable unless you try to switch desktops, then you lose everything at the top and have to exit and reenter Full Screen. Otherwise, you have to use all of the function screens separately and no, you cannot separate and see them all at once or layer them like windows.
4. Seemingly no app connectivity to Garageband or any other program that I can see. I just downloaded this so I'm not an expert yet and MAYBE it has something (I've seen some posts about using it as a midi controller) but I haven't found it and I looked...
Now the Pros:
1. TONS OF INSTRUMENTS! The drum kits are extensive and sound fantastic.
2. The interface is very user friendly (when it's working properly), intuitive & easy to learn.
a gltichy nightmare
I'm assuming if I use curse words, my review will be taken down but rest assured, I would use all of them in my description of this app. Trying to export your beat once you have it results in a myriad of fails including but not limited too: immediately crashing the program, exporting only part of the song (not even ther first or last part, often just a chunk in the middle somehow), and most mindblowing of all - TEMPO CHANGING IN THE TRACK. That's right, a drum machine that when exporting to wav file will somehow speed up or slow down the track, and not even the entire track - I'm saying as the track goes on it speeds up. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE IN A DRUM MACHINE? Using the app itself is intuitive and comes with a great bank of classic drum machines (including some oddball ones you don't see often) but what good is that if I cannot export the beat to a DAW? I would give this minus five stars if I could just for the time I've spent fixing the issues its faulty export function creates. DO NOT BUY THIS APP.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fingerlab SARL
- 122.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Fingerlab 2013
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.