Internet Service Provider (ISP) gives you a default DNS server which is not necessarily the best one. Trust DNS is a DNS changer that helps to protect your privacy by encrypting your DNS requests & allowing you to choose from 100+ free public DNS servers.
Pick DNS server you need
• Secure Servers by Trust DNS – private & encrypted DNS requests to ensure that your Internet provider can’t see and store your browsing data.
• Ad Blocking Servers - remove all ads to enjoy a faster mobile browsing experience.
• Parental Control Servers - ensure safe browsing for your family by filtering inappropriate content, such as adult websites, gambling & others.
• Malware Protection Servers - protect yourself from phishing, malware, ransomware, and malicious domains. Use a DNS server that blocks malicious activity.
• ‘No Filter’ Servers - access websites restricted at DNS level by changing your default DNS provider.
Why choose Trust DNS resolver?
• Servers filter feature to easily find relevant servers you need.
• Custom DNS – set your own custom DNS server and stick with your favorite DNS provider.
• Secure protocols – all your DNS queries are encrypted with HTTPS (DoH) and TLS (DoT) protocols for extra security.
• No-logs policy - we do not store your data or log your online activities as per our strict No Logs Policy.
• Fast resolving speed - the app doesn’t slow down your connection in any way. Switching to the physically closer DNS server may even improve your internet speed.
• Easy to use - just one tap to change DNS. No registration required, and there are no ads in-app.
• 100+ Different DNS Servers - choose DNS provider you like
• DNS changer works with IPv4 protocol on Wi-Fi, LTE, and all mobile data (4G, 3G) carriers.
Trust DNS is the first layer of internet security that has basic protection against surveillance and censorship attempts. It can’t change your IP address and bypass complex blocking methods. DNS resolver just changes your device DNS and does not perform any other activity in the connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is DNS in the first place?
DNS is the mediator between you and your computer! It’s the helpful service that translates website names to IP addresses and the other way around.
2. Is Trust DNS a VPN?
Nope! It’s a simple, secure, and fast DNS changer that uses a VPN tunnel to change your DNS. Important! Trust DNS app can’t change or hide your IP address!
3. Why does Trust DNS ask to make a VPN connection?
In order to change your DNS address, we need to initiate a VPN tunnel. What we do is create an open VPN tunnel by adding a VPN profile.
4. Should I use DNS over HTTPS or DNS over TLS?
We recommend using DNS over HTTPS as the primary protocol. Here’s why: DNS requests are sent over HTTPS and cannot be distinguished from normal HTTPS traffic.
If the DNS over TLS protocol is used, usually DNS requests are sent in TLS packets through a dedicated port. The Connection Operators cannot see what is inside the packets, but they can see that DNS requests are sent in the TLS format. For example, they see 853 port and can even block it. For DNS over HTTPS, this is not visible as HTTPS is a common Internet protocol for web browsing.
Even better flow that allows you to add custom DNS server
Better experience to pick from 100+ DNS servers (including dnssec, dnscrypt, DoT, DoH), use free public DNS providers or your own.
More DNS servers to enjoy multiple benefits - ad blocking, malware protection, parental control & more.
Less promo for Surfshark sign-up.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Thank you so much for fixing the issue :)
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you for your review! We are glad your issue has been resolved! Is there anything you'd like to point out that we could improve upon and receive a five-star review from you?
If so, feel free to contact our friendly live chat support or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear more of your feedback!
This literally does not work. On LTE it says not connected to Internet on Safari when trying to use. An WiFi I can use Safari but a dns peak test showed up blank results
Developer Response ,
Hi Masters82, sad it didn't work out for you. Be kind enough to writes us an email and explain the problems with more detail , I can't help you with that much information. At this point anything can be a possible issue. It can even be the local dns you used before using the resolver.
Have a good day.
Work fine ..... i use doh servers .
- SURFSHARK LTD
- 68.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 VPN Alternative - Trust DNS by Surfshark Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.