DNSCrypt is a protocol that authenticates communications between a DNS client and a DNS resolver. It prevents DNS spoofing. It uses signatures to verify that responses originate from the chosen DNS resolver and haven't been tampered with. You can learn more about DNSCrypt protocol at https://dnscrypt.info
Our app implements DNSCrypt & DNS-over-HTTPS/2 (DoH) protocols and allows you to secure your DNS traffic against of spoofing. It overrides your DNS settings with a single or multiple DNSCrypt or DNS-over-HTTPS/2 (DoH) resolvers. Works both for WiFi & cellular.
■ dnscrypt-proxy version: 2.0.19 (8377d49) ■
■ App features ■
• Easy to setup & use;
• Clean simple yet powerful UI;
• iOS integration – works at system level;
• Acts as DNS server to prevent DNS traffic leakage;
• Supports both DNS-over-HTTPS/2 (DoH) and DNSCrypt protocols;
• TLS 1.3 support for DoH;
• Supports DNSSEC;
• Multiple resolvers support (if none selected - DNSCloak will use the whole list);
• Load balancing within a set of resolvers: app will automatically measure and keep track of their speed, then balancing the traffic across the fastest available resolvers;
• Toggable DNS responses caching (reduces latency and improves privacy);
• Built-in config editor - take full control over your setup
• Custom lists and static servers (via config editor);
• Supports DNS queries logging (separate for regular and suspicious queries);
• Configurable Blacklist, IP blacklist, Whitelist (with logs);
• Domain cloaking feature;
• Queries forwarding feature;
• Automatic background updates of resolvers list;
• Can force outgoing connections to use TCP, that may be useful if your traffic is routed through a TCP-only tunnel such as Tor;
• Passcode lock for the app;
• Works both for WiFi & cellular;
• Supports both 32-bit & 64-bit devices running iOS 10 or later.
■ Contact Us, Support & Feedback ■
If you have any questions – feel free to contact us. You can use "Contact Us" link in the app, "App Support" link in the "Reviews" tab of the App Store or send us email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Best current adblocking solution for iOS
I can’t recommend this highly enough for device-wide ad and tracker blocking, in addition to the privacy enhancement that encrypted DNS provides. I make everyone I know install this on their phones and iPads now, lol. I couldn’t be more pleased.
If I could make a suggestion to the developers: consider offering entries for various nextdns configurations. I saw this last night on HN and I think the two would pair nicely.
Great concept for content filtering, but still too easy to bypass
The app freezes on a blank grey page after entering a 4-digit app unlock password on iPhone 6.
Connecting to DoH (DNS-over-HTTPS) servers on older devices like iPhone 6 will often prevent reconnection when switching from Cellular to Wi-Fi. I had to reboot my device to reconnect after configuring in-app settings.
I was impressed by the app password feature, which prevents tampering and acts as a Parental Control option. Unfortunately, the “Connect on Demand” VPN feature (auto-reconnect) can be easily disabled by going to Settings > General > VPN > selecting DNS Cloak profile and unselecting “Connect on Demand.”
The only thing I dislike about this App at all is if you select more than two or three cloaking servers it seems to never be able to finish all of its testing and connect to you… It just sits there and hangs! Are use it alongside my NordVPN service and both of them work great together. No problems.
- Center for the Cultivation of Technology gemeinnutzige GmbH
- 53 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Copyright © 2019 Sergey Smirnov
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.