DNSCloak • Secure DNS client 17+
Override & secure DNS queries
Center for the Cultivation of Technology gemeinnützige GmbH
Designed for iPad
Even better, faster and safer Internet with lots of cool toggles!
Override & secure your DNS with DNSCrypt & DNS-over-HTTPS/2 (DoH) resolvers. Works with WiFi & cellular
DNSCrypt is a protocol that authenticates communications between a DNS client and a DNS resolver. It prevents DNS spoofing. It uses signatures to verify that responses originate from the chosen DNS resolver and haven't been tampered with. You can learn more about DNSCrypt protocol at https://dnscrypt.info
Our app implements DNSCrypt & DNS-over-HTTPS/2 (DoH) protocols and allows you to secure your DNS traffic against of spoofing. It overrides your DNS settings with a single or multiple DNSCrypt or DNS-over-HTTPS/2 (DoH) resolvers. Works both for WiFi & cellular.
■ dnscrypt-proxy version: 2.0.44 ■
■ App features ■
• Easy to setup & use;
• Clean simple yet powerful UI;
• iOS integration – works at system level;
• Acts as DNS server to prevent DNS traffic leakage;
• Supports both DNS-over-HTTPS/2 (DoH) and DNSCrypt protocols;
• TLS 1.3 support for DoH;
• Supports DNSSEC;
• Multiple resolvers support (if none selected - DNSCloak will use the whole list);
• Load balancing within a set of resolvers: app will automatically measure and keep track of their speed, then balancing the traffic across the fastest available resolvers;
• Toggable DNS responses caching (reduces latency and improves privacy);
• Built-in config editor - take full control over your setup
• Custom lists and static servers (via config editor);
• Supports DNS queries logging (separate for regular and suspicious queries);
• Configurable Blacklist, IP blacklist, Whitelist (with logs);
• Domain cloaking feature;
• Queries forwarding feature;
• Automatic background updates of resolvers list;
• Can force outgoing connections to use TCP, that may be useful if your traffic is routed through a TCP-only tunnel such as Tor;
• Passcode lock for the app;
• Works both for WiFi & cellular;
• Supports both 32-bit & 64-bit devices running iOS 10 or later.
■ Contact Us, Support & Feedback ■
If you have any questions – feel free to contact us. You can use "Contact Us" link in the app, "App Support" link in the "Reviews" tab of the App Store or send us email on email@example.com.
Fix for iOS 15.1.
Bump dnscrypt-proxy to 2.0.44.
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic open source privacy tool
DNSCloak is a rare find these days on the app store - a true open source tool that is free and well maintained. Sadly it is incompatible with at least the default vpn config nord uses, but I still find the software useful as a sort of VPN lite. VPNs can be slow and masking your ip isn’t always desirable. And DNS is a privacy/security hole many people overlook but it’s a big one. This is a highly configurable, inobtrusive solution, I wish Apple would tweak their network settings model to allow this and a vpn to coexist more gracefully but I can toggle between them with Siri Shortcuts in the meantime.
Anyway tl;dr: good free software that makes your internet more secure and private and they won’t ask for your money or harvest your data.
Update: very upset
Yall might remember my 5 star glowing review which sat on the main app page for some time. Well i have retracted my review till issue is resolved. Just updated and app is all out of whack. Have to start app several times for resolvers to load. When they finally do, it will not connect to any of them. I tried about 15 of them just now, and i made sure to uncheck the old ones before i tried a new, so i know its not the DNS fault. Just says connecting forever. I try restarting app, and it still just hangs on connecting. So i goto app store to write this, and end up discovering that while dnscrypt is open, my internet literally does not work, like at all. Had to exit out to get here: please fix guys, this was seriously like my favorite app. I have never regretted clicking update button soo much, please test your product better before releasing updates that drastically change how the back-end works.
For what I thought was a gag, really works. I was watching Crunchyroll with it on and the ads they usually breaks the tension the show builds up but DNSCloak kept that tension. I don’t see ads any more. I don’t know what other apps it works on but it’s legit. When you have it on it shows a little dns icon, but you’ll have to find it. Best part about this is that it’s free. I encourage everyone to use this. My name is Caleb if you wanted to know. Side note: before you use it click the three lines button on the top left and turn on connect on demand.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Center for the Cultivation of Technology gemeinnutzige GmbH
- 29.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- Copyright © 2021 Sergey Smirnov