Scan documents to produce high-quality images. Enter texts, fill forms, sign, draw, and send.
Share as PDF / JPEG by email, FAX, SMB, Cloud Services, WebDAV, and iTunes / WiFi file sharing.
Transform your iPhone/iPad into a pocket scanner.
Instantly scan single/multi-page documents and send them out on the go.
What DocScan can help you:
- Sign and email business contracts and fill forms on the road.
- Archive receipts and coupons.
- Convert notes, sketches, and business cards to digital copies.
- Save books and articles for later reading.
- Create meeting minutes or memo from whiteboard discussion.
Experience Fast Scanning with High-quality Images:
- Fast auto-detection: Detect document borders from a picture.
- Correct perspective distortion: Advanced algorithms help you correct perspective distortion, while you can manually adjust the crop area. Makes even curled pages readable.
- Image Edit: Remove shadows and adjust the brightness to produce a high-quality image document, especially useful in a Low-Light environment.
- Text Edit: Enter texts to fill forms, highlight, annotate, or sign on the scanned image.
Protect Your Privacy:
- Password Protection: Set a password to protect your documents in a folder from unauthorized view.
Keep Track Of Your Documents:
- Search documents by name.
- Organize documents with folders: Use a Folder List to switch between folders quickly with a single tap.
- Create, merge, delete, duplicate, rename, move, import, and export documents.
Share and Export Your Scans:
- In-App Fax: Send and receive faxes when you are out of office or have no fax machine at all. Fax documents to over 100 countries instantly (price calculated by the number of pages and recipient country and paid via in-app purchase). Perfect for business or personal use. You will receive a push notification to remind you of a fax status: Whether it is sent or received successfully or if it failed.
- Support upload to iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) option, SMB, and WebDAV.
- Print documents via AirPrint.
- Export documents to Photo Albums.
- "Open In" Other Apps, i.e. iBooks, Kindle ...etc.
- Accessed directly from iTunes file sharing or WiFi file sharing.
- Email documents as PDF or JPEG files.
- Import JPEG from other apps as image source to crop, correct perspective, and enhance.
- Import PDF from other apps as scanned pages.
Backup and Restore Documents: (paid function via in-app purchase)
- Backup your documents safely to Mac / PC. Whenever you buy a new phone or lose access to your old one, you will still be able to restore your files.
- Restore deleted documents manually in case you accidentally delete important documents.
- Restore to any date like a time machine. You can keep multiple backups on different dates.
Receive Faxes: (non-auto-renew subscription)
Support dozens of countries (we kept adding more) for users to subscribe a fax number for receiving faxes.
Tip: For best border detection, please place your documents against a high contrast background, i.e. put your white paper on a dark table.
Your feedback is very important to us.
Please contact DocScan customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org for resolving problems before submitting feedback in app store. Most problems can be solved easily, but we cannot help you solve problems from the comments.
Resolve the issue that prevented users from login Box.com for uploading documents as PDF / JPEG in the pro version.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I was very frustrated when the app’s new features were giving me problems:
“This app was great for years. I used it daily for work. A couple of months ago it was “improved.” Now it is useless. When you go to snap a shot the auto picture jumps all over the place, making it impossible to picture your entire document. There’s a lot to be said for, “If it’s not broke, don’t fix it!”
However, the developer contacted me within 24 hours & explained how I could shut off the “auto picture” feature by tapping the yellow icon in the top left corner of the camera screen. Now it works great again! Couldn’t function without it. Best pdf scanning app I’ve ever used.
Developer Response ,
If you put a “white” document in a dark background or a “dark” document in a white background, and keep the background clean as possible with only the target document in the camera screen, it will detect very well and the orange overlay should be stable.
Otherwise, you still can take a picture and then tap on the rectify button to adjust the corners no matter what the app detected.
If you really want to turn off the new auto detect function, you can tap on the On/Off button in the top left corner in the camera screen.
False Advertisement (misleading)
I have been using DocScan and needed to fax a document (I never use a fax for anything but this seemed faster than snail mail which were the two options I was given to submit some paperwork) so I scanned all my papers and then went to fax and put in all the info and then was told it would be $9.90 to fax?!?! Well it kept asking me to upgrade and it read that you could fax in this new “Pro” version. Okay so $5 seemed better to me than $10 so I upgraded it and went through the process again typing everything into the one screen where I was sending and then it again told me $9.90?!? So obviously where I read inside the app where it asked me to upgrade it did not say you still had to “pay per page” and I emailed the company and they basically said “we never said it was free fax...” ?!?! Personally I think just giving me my $5 back would have been better customer service given the misleading description that I’m sure will be promptly changed but bad business guys....
This app is great for taking pictures of receipts so I have a permanent record to attach to each transaction in Quicken. I like the fact you can email as photo or PDF. I have also used this app for coping pictures from many of the photo albums we’ve collected over the years. This app takes great pictures and is easy to use. You can rename the folders which makes it very useful. The app also gives you the option as to what size you want to send thru the email system and tells you how many megabits each size is. It also lets you crop and turn each photo. I’ve used this app for many years and have never been disappointed.
- IFUNPLAY CO., LTD.
- 76 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 IFUNPLAY CO,. LTD.
- In-App Purchases
- Fax Pack 1 $0.99
- Upgrade to DocScan Pro $4.99
- 1 Fax Credit $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.