Dockside is now Dock Party!
Dock Party is an elegant “Now Playing” utility for Music and Spotify that fits perfectly on each side of your Dock, displaying album artwork, track details, and compact player controls.
New in version 2 is a unique visualizer right IN the Dock that reacts to your music.
You paid for a big, beautiful display. Now it’s time to make use of that wasted space on each side of The Dock with the option to turn the Dock itself into a gorgeous audio visualizer.
• Resizes automatically along with the size and position of your Dock
• Minimalist interface remains visible at all times while Music or Spotify is running
• Much less irritating than the standard macOS song change notifications
• Menu bar drop-down displays song details and provides its own controls
• Option to display song title, artist, and/or album name in menu bar in addition to the unique Dockside panels
• Option to hide standard panels to use menu bar features only
• Option to customize your Dock with a choice of 9 background colors
• Appears/hides automatically when Music or Spotify is launched/closed
There is no shortage of “Now Playing” apps for macOS, but I think you will find this one to be more refined, efficient, and fun. Enjoy your music!
• macOS 11 Big Sur compatibility
• Party mode: Music visualizer IN the Dock!
• Universal binary for native performance on Apple Silicon (ARM) and Intel (x86) processors
• Optional support for automatic Dock hiding/showing
• Option to show the app icon (support for multiple desktops)
• Option to replace the app icon with the album art of the currently playing track
• Dynamic layout uses more precise Dock dimensions
• Fixed a bug that was causing excessive processor usage
• Fixed a volume control bug
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Perfect for iMac display
This is a simple little app but I have to admit I’m probably a little bit too excited about it. Fitting the iTunes controls and song info on each side of the Dock is brilliant. This lets me see what’s playing at any time without clicking anything and without taking away any screen real estate. And the minimalist design looks beautiful on my 27-inch iMac! Even the menu bar option by itself is nicely done. What else can I say? Nice work!!!
Great app, missing customizability
This app is amazing! That is, when you're using the dock on the bottom of the screen. On either side, the play/pause and skip buttons get really bunched up, even at the largest dock size. I wish I could turn them off, or move them next to the album art. Or just get rid of the backwards button. I want to love this app, but small annoyances stop it from reaching its full potential.
Also, apparently "more features are on the way"... but it hasn't been updated for 5 months and is only on version 1.0.4
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the thoughtful review! You’re absolutely right that Dockside currently works best when the Dock is in the bottom position. I will definitely take your suggestions into account for improving functionality in the side positions. I have in fact been making progress on the next update, but I do apologize for the long delay. I’m a one-man band and haven’t had the time to dedicate to Dockside that I would like, but I am still passionate about its potential. I hope to release the next version this spring with quite a few refinements and new features. Thanks for your patience and support!
Song info and play controls are always visible
This works great and is a fantastic idea. Having the info/controls on either side of the dock mean that it doesn’t take away screenspace from other windows, and it’s always visible.
Developer Response ,
Thanks! Your description of what makes this app special is better than my own! More options are on the way, but the simple, always-visible layout will always be the core feature.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dax Mackenzie Roggio
- 5.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Packafoma LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.