Innovative Practice Tools brings you Dr. Drone, a simple, affordable and powerful practice tool. Dr. Drone gives you the freedom to create your own bass lines and drone tracks and set them to a metronome. It opens whole new avenues of practicing for professionals, pedagogues, and students. It will become your favorite tool for developing great intonation and stability.
- Want to prep for a specific piece? Enter a bass line to your favorite tune, or enter a melody using either note names or scale degrees in an intuitive entry pad.
- Need more time to lock in each pitch? Vary the tempo between 40 and 208 BPM and tune along at your own pace. You can even let your drone go up to 500 seconds to really get into a meditative state!
- Trying to expand your range and stability? Dr. Drone will repeat sequences and can transpose them in a number of patterns (transpose the sequence around the Circle of 4ths, move up chromatically, etc.)
- Want to practice tuning within a chord? Add a Perfect 5th, Major 3rd or Minor 3rd to your drone (using just intonation) to practice fitting your sound right into the harmony.
- Got some 'go-to' exercises or warm-ups? Save your tunes along with their settings for repeated use.
- Working with a larger group? No problem! Add up to 50 harmonics to your drone to create the best quality sound for your system.
- Need to practice for your next orchestra gig that requires A443, or your next baroque service that calls for A420? Easily adjust your Concert Pitch A to be ready for any intonation situation.
- And if you really want a challenge, Dr. Drone includes a feature that allows you to randomly silence beats for the ultimate test of time and pitch independence.
From classical to jazz and from pop to gospel, this app is perfect for serious musicians and music educators that want to have a steady and flexible reference pitch lined up with a metronome. Its sleek design, friendly features, and video tutorials will have you using it like a pro in no time. Welcome to the 21st century of intonation practice with Dr. Drone!
- Folder system implemented. Organize your tracks as you wish!
- Sharing implemented. To share a track or entire folder's contents with another user, touch the [Folder] icon on the home screen and touch the [Share] icon (looks like an arrow) for any folder or track. To open the shared track or folder, simply open the shared file on another device that has Dr. Drone. The app will open and take care of the rest!
- Backup storage implemented. In the [Settings] menu, [Backup File System] is now available.
- Metronome and Drone attack envelope synchronized (to avoid a sense of jitter on a drone's attack)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this Drone App ! Many nice features!
I use drones quite often - myself and in with students. While this drone does not produce wonderful, warm tones as some live sampled apps do, they are adequate and the app is very versatile....the sequencing section is a fantastic addition! One thing that I’d love to see added to sequencing features is the ability to play a series of drone notes harmonized diatonically (in addition to playing parallel perfect 5ths, Major thirds, etc). I’m not sure how much trouble that would be but it would make a very nice app much stronger! Overall, the app has been nice addition to the tools that I like to use! Glad that I found this one!
Awesome practice tool!
Best app on my phone! I play trumpet. Whenever I’m in my car I buzz different patterns on my lead pipe. Blue tooth my phone to the stereo and I can match pitches with the app. Takes seconds to write out simples two measure patterns and the app transposes them in time with a pause in between. Awesome!!
Great app one big bug
App does just about everything I want it to buy there is one big bug that really needs to be fixed. Every time my phone is interrupted by anything like a phone call or alarm, the drone will not start up again. I will click the start button and there will be no sound. I have to restart the app to make it work again. Really annoying for an app this good to have a terrible bug like this.
Developer Response ,
Hi Skyler! Thanks for the generous review and valuable bug report. I'll get a fix up within a few weeks. Stay tuned for the next update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.