Elevate your Ark: Survival Evolved game with the Dododex taming calculator and companion app used by over 3 million Ark players.
Dododex provides a comprehensive and frequently-updated guide for every creature in Ark: Survival Evolved, including taming calculations, kibble and saddle recipes, stats, timers, knock-out information for any weapon, as well as original tips and crowdsourced data from thousands of Ark players.
- Taming calculator and guide for every dinosaur in Ark: Survival Evolved, Scorched Earth, and Aberration
- Player tips on taming, battling, and utilizing every Ark creature.
- Kibble recipes and flow chart
- Saddle recipes
- Knock-out details for each creature and weapon, including custom weapons
- Stat calculator
- List of dropped items and gathering efficiency ratings for every creature from 15,000+ Dododex users.
- Breeding times and egg incubation temperatures
- Starve timer for starve taming
- Torpor timer
- Recipes & dyes
- Find out which creatures are carryable by flyers
- Base creature stats and rankings
- Taming multipliers for unofficial Ark: Survival Evolved servers
- Map of The Island, The Center, and Scorched Earth
- Access the official Ark: Survival Evolved Wiki directly from the app
- PLUS: Dino stickers for iMessage!
Details on new creatures are added as soon as information becomes available in Ark: Survival Evolved.
"A must-have app for any Ark: Survival Evolved player — new or veteran." —Proof187, App Store Review
"Best taming calculator out there" —Troy Richards, App Store Review
Have a feature request? Share it here: dododex.com/feedback
Dododex is an unofficial Ark: Survival Evolved app.
- Added increment setting on level picker to allow for intervals of 4, 5, etc.
- Resource Calculator! Third party tool by Tristian Gregory.
- Upon opening level picker, the level is now automatically highlighted so you don't have to tap backspace
- Fixed issue where pressing +/- on the level picker would sometimes skip a level
- Implemented Dododex URLs (dododex://creature/raptor/30) to allow other apps/sites to deep link to Dododex
- Recipes of new Kibble now show color of Kibble
- Fixed issue where top navigation (info / stats / etc) would not scroll when menu is too large (more noticeable on Spanish, Russian, and some languages)
- Abbreviated many translations for those menu items to require less scrolling
- Breeding input would not support decimals
- Fixed issue where Restore Purchases button would cause app to crash (users needed to use upgrade button instead)
- Pre-Rework Kibbles now include a “Mobile / Switch” indicator
- Open (or install) Ark Mobile from Dododex
- On gathering, fixed rare issue where a dino will show another dino's image after switching between items
- Minor design improvements to the creature tabs
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Recommended for Everybody!
I began Ark: Survival Evolved about three years ago, I relied on Ark Wiki for quite awhile, it was useful, very useful, but extremely laggy at times.
When I found DodoDex, nothing could have been better! It was so much faster and easier!
After being confronted about DodoDex’s compatibility with in game Ark on mobile, it was even more easy!
Quick and easy. Accurate and updated. Can be accessed from Ark Mobile with the quick tap of a button, which is extremely useful for when you’ve got pregnant animals and dinosaurs at you feet, and you have no idea when the baby will be born! Oh, and there is also a taming timer, where you can figure out in advanced, or at the moment, you’re taming something, how long it’ll take, and what is recommended for taming use. Much like Ark Wiki, it also shows you how many hits, darts, arrows, whatever you need to knock out a creature, which is extremely useful for newer people to the Ark!
One of my favourite things about DodoDex, is that there’s a comment and tip section where you can sort things by category, showing you people’s tips and comments who help. There’s a special category for Names, even. Which is helpful for people who can’t think of a name. ++
Anyways, this has been a long review, but I hope it helped!
— Lots of Love! Keep it up!
~ Nova :3
Developer Response ,
Wow, thank you so much for the extensive review, Nova! This made my day! I just shared this on Dododex's Instagram story! 🤗 I'm glad you like the tips feature! They're always so entertaining to read.
Regarding lagging -- I'm working on speeding up how fast the images load (was actually working on it now when I noticed your review!). The next version of the app should improve the image loading times. If you're experiencing any other lagging issues other than images, could you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org -- I can look into it!
Pauses music - Being Fixed
Was listening to music, and when I opened the app it pauses the music. I listen to music a lot when playing ark (Especially because I was in a airport terminal, with loud people, before I was randomly selected for 2nd security screening. Then on the plane it is a A380, so it was kind of loud as I was on the lower deck at the window.) Please try to fix the music being paused. Other than that, great app!
Developer responded saying they will fix it. Updated review to 5 stars. Also my trip to Germany to see my family was great! Unfortunately I couldn’t use this app in the plane as we aren’t rich enough to afford the WiFi.
Another mention: Didn’t see this before, but know when in ARK, if I need information about something there is a Dododex button! Very helpful as it also opens it to the very exact page I need. Another reason as to why people should get this app.
Developer Response ,
Sorry about that issue! I’m not sure why the app is turning off music. I definitely didn’t build that on purpose. 😅 But I will make sure to fix it! Thanks so much for the review. I’m glad you’re enjoying the app! 😜
AMAZING app, but one small problem...
So this app is REALLY good at helping you (especially since I don’t know very munch about ark). this app can tell you about what you need to tame, how much you need, and how long it will take. There is one problem though and that’s why I’m writing this review. When you are taming a Dino, it gives you four things you can use to keep the Dino knocked out while taming, but there are other options to keep it knocked out like clubbing it, punching it, and shooting it with tranq related ammo. This is annoying because you can’t substitute the tranq ammo with something like narcotics and I just shoot my knocked out tame with tranq darts most of the time and it screws up the torpor timer that’s on the app. It would be nice to add other options to up the torpor on the app so the torpor timer stays correct. If the devs of this app read this please take it into consideration
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the review and five stars! That’s a great idea. I’ll have to look into the data and see if the calculations are just as easy as normal Narcotics. If you have any extra info, or want to help me look into this, send me an email at email@example.com. I’m a one-person team with a huge to-do list, so I appreciate any extra help! 😄 Thanks for using the app!
- Dan Leveille
- 37.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Dan Leveille
- In-App Purchases
- Dododex Pro $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.