Elevate your Ark: Survival Evolved game with the Dododex taming calculator and companion app used by over 3 million Ark players.
Dododex provides a comprehensive and frequently-updated guide for every creature in Ark: Survival Evolved, including taming calculations, kibble and saddle recipes, stats, timers, knock-out information for any weapon, as well as original tips and crowdsourced data from thousands of Ark players.
- Taming calculator and guide for every dinosaur in Ark: Survival Evolved, Scorched Earth, and Aberration
- Player tips on taming, battling, and utilizing every Ark creature.
- Kibble recipes and flow chart
- Saddle recipes
- Knock-out details for each creature and weapon, including custom weapons
- Stat calculator
- List of dropped items and gathering efficiency ratings for every creature from 15,000+ Dododex users.
- Breeding times and egg incubation temperatures
- Starve timer for starve taming
- Torpor timer
- Recipes & dyes
- Find out which creatures are carryable by flyers
- Base creature stats and rankings
- Taming multipliers for unofficial Ark: Survival Evolved servers
- Map of The Island, The Center, and Scorched Earth
- Access the official Ark: Survival Evolved Wiki directly from the app
- PLUS: Dino stickers for iMessage!
Details on new creatures are added as soon as information becomes available in Ark: Survival Evolved.
"A must-have app for any Ark: Survival Evolved player — new or veteran." —Proof187, App Store Review
"Best taming calculator out there" —Troy Richards, App Store Review
Have a feature request? Share it here: dododex.com/feedback
Dododex is an unofficial Ark: Survival Evolved app.
- Added increment setting on level picker to allow for intervals of 4, 5, etc.
- Resource Calculator! Third party tool by Tristian Gregory.
- Upon opening level picker, the level is now automatically highlighted so you don't have to tap backspace
- Fixed issue where pressing +/- on the level picker would sometimes skip a level
- Implemented Dododex URLs (dododex://creature/raptor/30) to allow other apps/sites to deep link to Dododex
- Recipes of new Kibble now show color of Kibble
- Fixed issue where top navigation (info / stats / etc) would not scroll when menu is too large (more noticeable on Spanish, Russian, and some languages)
- Abbreviated many translations for those menu items to require less scrolling
- Breeding input would not support decimals
- Fixed issue where Restore Purchases button would cause app to crash (users needed to use upgrade button instead)
- Pre-Rework Kibbles now include a “Mobile / Switch” indicator
- Open (or install) Ark Mobile from Dododex
- On gathering, fixed rare issue where a dino will show another dino's image after switching between items
- Minor design improvements to the creature tabs
Ratings and Reviews
AMAZING app, but one small problem...
So this app is REALLY good at helping you (especially since I don’t know very munch about ark). this app can tell you about what you need to tame, how much you need, and how long it will take. There is one problem though and that’s why I’m writing this review. When you are taming a Dino, it gives you four things you can use to keep the Dino knocked out while taming, but there are other options to keep it knocked out like clubbing it, punching it, and shooting it with tranq related ammo. This is annoying because you can’t substitute the tranq ammo with something like narcotics and I just shoot my knocked out tame with tranq darts most of the time and it screws up the torpor timer that’s on the app. It would be nice to add other options to up the torpor on the app so the torpor timer stays correct. If the devs of this app read this please take it into consideration
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the review and five stars! That’s a great idea. I’ll have to look into the data and see if the calculations are just as easy as normal Narcotics. If you have any extra info, or want to help me look into this, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m a one-person team with a huge to-do list, so I appreciate any extra help! 😄 Thanks for using the app!
I’ve never reviewed an app before because I’ve never actually felt it was needed. This is a unique situation. This is a fantastic app, all around. Incredibly accurate and reliable, absolutely no login or personal data required, and very few ads to complete the picture. It is honestly necessary to players of Ark. Using the online version is helpful but the app is more comprehensive and chock full of features. I can visit the wiki page to check color regions for my breeding while setting an in-app timer for 5 minutes before a starve tame is completed, all while checking to make sure the however much time needed to tame this creature is worth it due to its random stats. Keep updating it, absolutely fantastic app!
Developer Response ,
Wow, thank you so much! It means a lot to me! :D I'm working on some big updates to the app and hope to have them released in the coming month. :)
Great but ads are killing it
I have used this app for years now and I love it, but here recently I can’t really use it much anymore. Anytime I’m doing something, no matter what it is, when the ad at the bottom changes, the app kinda restarts. For instance, if I’m looking at the kibble chart, it will change back to the last Dino I was looking at, or if I’m reading on the tips and the ad changes, it will scroll all the way to the top which makes me have to scroll back down and find where I was at, just for it to do it again. I know you can buy the ad free version, but I’ve never had it do this before and I don’t think it should. The only thing I can really use this app for is the see how much kibble a Dino needs real quick before the app changes on me by itself. I wrote this in hope this can be fixed because I love the app and I see the devs actually read these comments and reply back to most people’s concerns. Thanks guys and if you can get it fixed, I will gladly bump this up to a five star!!!
- Dan Leveille
- 37.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Dan Leveille
- In-App Purchases
- Dododex Pro $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.