DoF Table shows the "depth of field" (or focus range) in a table format calculated by the camera and the lens model you choose.
With this app, you don't need to input the parameters (e.g. f-value) by hand because this app shows the result in a table format — you just select the camera and the lens. In addition to that, this app never bothers you by showing DoF values which cannot be achieved by the lens you chose.
- Shows Depth of fields in a table format
- The table hides settings which cannot be achieved with the equipments you chose.
- Shipped with actual product database.
- You can add cameras and lenses by yourself.
Other useful information are also available:
- Hyperfocal distance
- Field of view [Pro Version only]
- Angle of view [Pro Version only]
- 35mm equivalent focal length of chosen combination of the camera/lens [Pro Version only]
- Crop factor (focal length multiplier) of cameras
- Native aspect ratio of cameras
If you liked this app, please consider purchasing the "Pro version" in the Settings menu. Highlights of Pro version are:
- Additional features to calculate:
- Field of View
- Angle of View
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length
- You can backup/restore user-defined camera/lens database using "iTunes file sharing."
- Unified naming convention of Leica lenses
- Added new equipment data
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, clean, straightforward and easy to use. I particularly like the lens data base with minimum focus distances. I have Nikon, Tokina, and Rokinon(samyang) lenses and they are all there. The pro version adds a couple of nice features. Highly recommended! Great customer support also.
Simple and effective!
Easy to use and has everything I need!
The charts and tables are far beyond what other DOF apps provide.
To add lenses to your database, you find them in a list of maybe hundreds of lenses. The list is quite extensive and includes all the major brands.
There is a payware version of this app available (plus others by the same developer) but I don't see how much better any of them are over this one. I'll have to explore
I have more than one camera body also, but haven't tried adding more yet. I don't see my older Nikon D2H but my newer D809 is there.
- Suguru Yamamoto
- 15.7 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Suguru Yamamoto
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Version $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.