DoF Table shows the "depth of field" (or focus range) in a table format calculated by the camera and the lens model you choose.
With this app, you don't need to input the parameters (e.g. f-value) by hand because this app shows the result in a table format — you just select the camera and the lens. In addition to that, this app never bothers you by showing DoF values which cannot be achieved by the lens you chose.
- Shows Depth of fields in a table format
- The table hides settings which cannot be achieved with the equipments you chose.
- Shipped with actual product database.
- You can add cameras and lenses by yourself.
Other useful information are also available:
- Hyperfocal distance
- Field of view [Pro Version only]
- Angle of view [Pro Version only]
- 35mm equivalent focal length of chosen combination of the camera/lens [Pro Version only]
- Crop factor (focal length multiplier) of cameras
- Native aspect ratio of cameras
If you liked this app, please consider purchasing the "Pro version" in the Settings menu. Highlights of Pro version are:
- Additional features to calculate:
- Field of View
- Angle of View
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length
- You can backup/restore user-defined camera/lens database using "iTunes file sharing."
Now DoF Table partially supports Dark Mode. There are some parts unsupported, and there might be bugs. If you found anything suspicious, please send me a feedback.
## 1.3.0 (build 26)
- Dark Mode support (beta quality grade; there are some parts left unsupported)
- Fix incorrect spec of LAOWA 100mm F2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO
- Rewrite majority source code in Swift programming language
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simple, clean, straightforward and easy to use. I particularly like the lens data base with minimum focus distances. I have Nikon, Tokina, and Rokinon(samyang) lenses and they are all there. The pro version adds a couple of nice features. Highly recommended! Great customer support also.
Simple and effective!
Easy to use and has everything I need!
The charts and tables are far beyond what other DOF apps provide.
To add lenses to your database, you find them in a list of maybe hundreds of lenses. The list is quite extensive and includes all the major brands.
There is a payware version of this app available (plus others by the same developer) but I don't see how much better any of them are over this one. I'll have to explore
I have more than one camera body also, but haven't tried adding more yet. I don't see my older Nikon D2H but my newer D809 is there.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Suguru Yamamoto
- 1.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Suguru Yamamoto
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Version $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.