Dolby On is the only free audio recorder and sound editor for voice, music, video, and more with cutting-edge Dolby audio technology. Effortlessly record live music & videos, import from your library, or livestream to Twitch or Facebook Live to apply a suite of automatic studio effects including noise reduction, limiting, spatial audio, EQ, and more. Get incredible audio quality through a studio recorder on your phone!
A RECORDING APP & AUDIO EDITOR WITH INCREDIBLE SOUND, AUTOMATICALLY
Effortlessly record live music & videos with a suite of automatic studio effects in an easy-to-use recorder. You can even record in other apps and import into Dolby On to edit, enhance, and improve songs with Dolby technology. When you’re ready, share your creations with your fans on your favorite social channels, send to collaborators, upload directly to SoundCloud, export lossless audio, or even livestream right to Facebook; all with spectacular audio in an accessible recorder.
RECORD & EDIT AUDIO & VIDEO WITH AN EASY-TO-USE RECORDER
• Clears up the audio quality with noise reduction, de-essing, and a fade in/out: record music and voice
• Shapes your recording with Dolby’s unique Dynamic EQ and spatial audio for tone and space
• Boosts fullness and cut through with compression and pro limiting designed for live music to achieve ideal loudness
• Optimizes the sound for popular music platforms, Facebook live streaming, and other social media
• Record and export in lossless audio for even better sound
• VoiceOver support on Track Details and Sound Tools to improve usability for the vision impaired
MAKE IT YOUR OWN WITH POWERFUL SOUND EDITING IN YOUR POCKET
• Customize your voice and video recording with free music studio audio effects and vocal editor
• Six custom-designed, unique sound styles to apply to your music recording — like photography filters for audio, Styles are professionally designed sound presets based on analyzing thousands of songs
• Use Dolby’s Dynamic EQ to get fine-tuned treble, bass and mids control and tune your recording
• Use the free audio editor to trim the recording to edit out slow starts and stops
• Animated cover art so that you can share your audio tracks directly to social media or SoundCloud
• Use your favorite external mic to color your voice memo, music recording, or video recording
RECORD AUDIO. RECORD VOICE. RECORD VIDEO. RECORD MUSIC.
• Capture ideas and demo recordings. Record your voice memos and music memos in a simple recording studio app!
• Document rehearsals or the gig for your archive with audio & video recordings captured in studio microphone sound
• Grab sounds and inspirations in the field to sample in your next music creation. Select lossless audio for even better recording quality
• Record high-quality shareable audio & record video content for your fans
• Use free demo tracks to hear the full effects of Dolby on and test out our easy-to-use, powerful Sound Tools
• Import videos or audio captured in other apps to reduce background noise and improve sound quality
• Host amazing sounding livestreams without extra gear or technical skills
YOUR CREATIONS, ANYWHERE YOU WANT THEM
• Share voice or music recording to fans directly to Soundcloud, Instagram, and Facebook.
• Livestream to Facebook Live or Twitch with amazing sound quality
• Send ideas, demos, rehearsal and show recordings directly to your band and collaborators via text message or email
• Export your recordings, songs, and videos for additional editing: take your ideas into your favorite audio editor (DAW) or video editor
ONE RECORD BUTTON, 50 YEARS OF DOLBY INNOVATION
We’ve used five decades worth of audio innovation to give you one powerful audio recorder and video app. Advanced Dolby audio processing takes care of the sound quality, so you can focus on the fun part: creating.
We're just patchin' up holes, cleanin' cobwebs, and getting ready for winter surprises :) The latest version of Dolby On is all about tidying up.
If you have not already - be sure to check out these new features: Import audio or video to apply that Dolby On magic you love, Clean up your library faster with the batch delete option, Livestream to YouTube, and Checkout the Noise Reduction slider for livestreaming.
Also! Here's some stuff we fixed...
Fixed VoiceOver cancel gesture in batch delete mode.
Aligned UI's for new iPhones and iPads.
Fixed crashes that occurred for some users/devices.
Fixed a glitch in the timer.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Dolby On - A recording studio in an app
I have never used probably 80% of the functionality of this app, but what I do use performs beautifully.
It records both audio and video – and I think you can even create a live stream with it.
Every recording starts with three seconds of sampling the background noise, which it then filters out.
Pushing one button allows you to record in Dolby stereo - which I thought was reserved for movie theaters.
Recording in this app puts your recording automatically on a cloud, whereas recording in my iPhone recorder stays in my phone until I find a way to upload it to the iCloud – which, with the terrible Wi-Fi signals that are available in the country, is a real issue.
It’s easy to write a title for your video, which can be a headache on the iPhone.
iPhone recordings seem to provide light for night recording, which I have not yet found a way to do with the Dolby On app. But - just recording on the settings I currently have - videos on this app are more brightly illuminated than my naked eyes can see.
I am currently functioning between two phones, because US cellular provides good coverage for part of the range we are covering in western North Carolina, but not over in Tennessee - where I need the stronger Verizon towers. But videos on the Dolby On app sit out on the cloud and are equally available to me on both of my phones.
I am way beyond happy with everything I get out of this app. I never tire of telling people about it.
Works well for my guitar college recordings
I needed a video recording application that would improve my sound on my required recording assignments and Dolby On is an improvement from just recording from the camera on my phone. It is nice that you can take as many takes as you want and there is no issues. I have been using for about a month and have over 500 takes and there has been no issues thus far. I like how the app is not filled with ways to up sell to a paid app. It is very straightforward. Although there are not a tone of editing options and the ones that are available seem to provide minimal improvements. All in all it's served its purpose. I don't know if I would pay for this app if they ever did start charging which they will have to unless they add advertisements as a revenue stream. I would have to see much more options for video production to consider paying a monthly fee.
As a musician and producer that dabbles in professional studio equipment and released more than 10 albums for fort he past 15 years; ...all I can say is wow. This is by far the best free recording software I have ever used on a phone. I use an iPhone XS. The mic in the iPhone is great and helps, as do the stereo speakers, however, the software in this app is what makes it. It’s very smart. It won’t clip in loud environments and it will pick up your sounds in quiet environments. Almost as if it has built in volume maximization and mic compression. Good job folks on this app. It replaces all of your recording apps that isn’t a DAW. (DAWs are a different beast) No reason to record with any other sound recording app.
iPhone 10 XS
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
- 111.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 – 2020 Dolby Laboratories, Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.