DominGen is the ultimate Dominion kingdom generator, letting you quickly and easily create playsets just like you would shuffling up a deck of kingdom selection cards.
• Generates random kingdom sets, but won't repeat cards until it runs out of options, ensuring that every round you play feels fresh
• Spotlights instructions for cards that need special setup so that you don't miss a thing
* Create kingdoms with Siri using shortcuts (iOS 12.0+ only)
• Handles selection for cards like Obelisk, Druid, and Young Witch
• Save your favorite setups, and share them with friends (even if they don't have the app) or post them to the web
• Supports all Dominion sets, including Dominion (1st and 2nd editions), Intrigue (1st and 2nd editions), Seaside, Alchemy, Prosperity, Cornucopia, Hinterlands, Dark Ages, Guilds, Adventures, Empires, Nocturne, Renaissance, and promotional cards.
• Customize the way kingdom cards are picked with different options to support all kinds of house rules and preferences
• Design your own custom setups with a step-by-step picker
• Quickly access rules, strategies, and tips for each card through shortcuts to the Dominion Strategy Wiki
• View all cards across the different expansions
* Explore recommended sets by selecting different expansions
• Block and replace cards that your play group dislikes
• Go back in your history and see recent kingdoms you've generated
• Special shortcuts for 3D touch devices
• Optimized for both iPhone and iPad
* Added new preference either to always use Curses (standard) or to only use Curses when a card mentions them
* Added Church promo card
* Minor bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using various apps for years as randomizers and this is hands-down the best. It’s also kept up to date so I can use it even shortly after new expansions are released. That being said I’ve used it a lot the pst few days and have noticed som bugs and I can’t find anywhere else to report them.
1) Often the app will not let me manually select landmarks or events. If I only select landmarks/events/projects and press select manually then the app will crash
2) I have events/landmarks/projects turned on always, but if I select promotional and not empire/adventure/renaissance then the summon event never shows. The ability to select promotional events outside of the kingdom cards as is provided for adventure/empire/renaissance would be good.
This app is Awesome!!!
I am long time Dominion player. This app makes setup fast and intuitive by telling you every resource needed, plus if there is a question about what a card does it has a direct link to the wiki entry for that card. I love this app!
To the developer: My only request is that, although you have the capacity to save your favorite custom kingdom setups, it would be nice if you could optionally give the custom set a custom name to tell it apart from your other saved sets more readily, and maybe be able to see those sets together or separately from the list of recommended kingdom sets.
I found a bug: apparently if you generate a set with Young Witch, then replace it, the bane card remains in the setup.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the praise and the feedback! Be sure to check out the new 1.2.0 update, which lets you save favorite playsets (access your favorites from the History screen), adds the recommended sets (select the expansions you're interested in using and pick "Recommended Sets" from the menu), features a new, mobile-friendly view of the card info/rules from the Dominion Strategy wiki, and fixes that pesky bug where replacing a card wouldn't update tokens, setup instructions, or non-supply cards.
Great Randomizer! Almost Perfect.
I really like this randomizer. Visually, it’s quite nice to look at and randomizes cards in a way that makes setup intuitive. For instance, by including all needed setup cards in addition to kingdom cards, it’s pretty foolproof. My one complaint is that you can’t set a maximum number of expansions to be included. There used to be a randomizer that allowed you to pick a max number of expansions (say, no more than 3 in a game) while still picking from them all, which I really liked.
Update: Wow, I left this feedback and the developer updated the app to take this into account and make the suggested changes. Talk about responsive! Already loving how this is changing my dominion play possibilities!
- Daniel Nichols
- 39.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Dan Nichols
- In-App Purchases
- $0.99 Tip $0.99
- $2.99 Tip $2.99
- $1.99 Tip $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.