You cannot stop time.
You can affect this moment.
Enjoy its passing.
Will you get what you expect if you attempt to control the moment?
Or will you see unintended consequences?
Can you extend the moment by your actions?
Or will you enjoy the moment more if you just let it go?
Can you control the events that surround you?
Or are you better off to let events play out on their own?
“Shiva’s cosmic dance has no purpose. It is the spontaneous expression of overflowing bliss; it is art." -Abhinavagupta
How to Play
- One Moment in time is always chasing the next Moment. They are never quite able to connect.
- You try to enJoy the Moments as they occasionally intersect, but they will not last forever.
- You can affect the flow of one Moment to the next, but you must spend precious Time to do so.
- You will enJoy the Moments significantly more the less often you disrupt their flow yourself.
- Be careful: if you allow Interruptions to disrupt the Moments, Time will be wasted and your enJoyment will lessen.
- Moments that are too far apart will waste Time as well.
- This game is meant to be relaxing and meditative. Try playing it with a different mindset than other mobile games.
A portion of net proceeds from this game will be donated to charity: water to help provide clean drinking water around the world to those in need. Buy this game and help solve a real world problem!
Don:t Let It End is an expression of an impossible sentiment. The idea was sparked in a moment that I never wanted to end. Inevitably, it ended. I thought a lot about that, and in my mind I imagined the flow of time as it is realized in this game.
I developed this at very sparse intervals over the course of two years--two very emotional and challenging years in my life. During this time, Don:t Let It End became intensely personal to me. As this time went by, I experienced life and death, marriage and divorce, love and hate, joy and pain. Every intense moment, high or low, colored and shaped Don:t Let It End. It sort of became this game of a mesmerizing metaphor for my life journey.
Some days, I would be bopping my head as I coded a new feature. Sometimes, I would be reduced to tears revisiting moments past as I tested it. Sometimes, I would just stare at the screen and watch the moments flow around each other for hours. I let the game find itself and just added what felt right at each opportunity I had to work on it.
The game’s musical theme is “Spe Dolor”, an original composition by Richard Dekkard, who I would like to thank a million times for his gracious permission to allow me to use this beautiful track.
Don:t Let It End is completely ad-free and has no in-app purchasing to bother you.
Don:t Let It End is a simple idea: No matter what you do, moments in time will not last forever. Make the most of them with the time that you have.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Really pleased to find a little game that's about creative expression, freedom, randomness and something that makes you think. Very different from the usual stuff out there. Well worth a download.
You have never seen an app like this
This app completely re-imagines what an app can be.
Not your typical mobile game
A real departure from the everyday...try it with headphones, you'll thank me.
- good luck, have fun, LLC
- 52 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) 2013. Good Luck, Have Fun, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.