Stop your Mac from going to sleep.
Don't Sleep blocks screen dimming, screen saver and sleep. Click on the icon in the menu bar to use. Right-click/⌘-click to instantly activate and deactivate.
Important: Don't Sleep will NOT stop your laptop from sleeping when you close the lid.
- Retina menu icon
- Option for Black and White menu icon
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it’s supposed to...
No muss… no fuss…. it does what it’s supposed to do. The design is efficient and straight forward. Good job.
Quick and Easy
I prefer this app over other "no-sleep" apps for several reasons:
1. I don't accidentally turn it off and on by a single click, but it's still easy to activate with a two-finger-click on the icon (or cmd-click).
2. A single click gives you access to all options, without the need to go into a seperate preferences area.
3. Showing activation by a change in color from b&w to red, which is much more obvious on a high-resolution screen than simply changing to a different b&w icon.
4. As with all other functions, you can see how much time is left on a "timed no-sleep" by a single click on the icon.
All in all, it's an extremely well designed app. Often, it's the simple apps that are the hardest to get "right", balancing easy access with just the right amount of feedback and options.
does not prevent sleep on lid closure
I was looking for an app to prevent my macbook pro from going to sleep when I close the lid. Unfortunately this app does not prevent it from sleeping. So although its free, it's not helping me.
The developer, TXTLABS, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Divakar Shekhar
- 576.1 KB
- Requires macOS 10.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 TXTLABS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.