***NOTE: Don't Starve requires iOS 8 and at least an iPhone 5, iPad 3, or iPad mini 2. Due to memory constraints, it will not run on older devices.***
Don’t Starve: Pocket Edition, brings the hit PC game enjoyed by over 4 million players to the iPhone and iPad. Now you can experience the uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic on the go!
Play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.
Enter a strange and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land.
- Independent Games Festival: Grand Prize Nominee
- Independent Games Festival: Excellence in Design Nominee
- Independent Games Festival: Audience Award Nominee
- Capsule Computers: Editor’s Choice
- Indie Game Reviewer: Game of the Year
Optimized for Touch: New intuitive touch interface lets you explore, fight, craft and manage inventory with ease.
Uncompromising Survival & World Exploration: No instructions. No help. No hand holding. Start with nothing and craft, hunt, research, farm and fight to survive.
Dark and Whimsical Visuals: 2D characters and odd creatures inhabiting a unique 3D world.
Randomly Generated New Worlds: Want a new map? No problem! At any time you can generate a new living and breathing world that hates you and wants you to die.
- The lateral black bars in certain devices were removed.
- The position of the HUD elements that could be covered by the notch or the Home slider has been updated. Now the elements adapt their positions dynamically.
- The resolution has been improved in some devices and now adapts better to the screen.
- Fixed some controller issues where the input didn't swap correctly.
- The hover menu was relocated to avoid being cut off by the screen.
- The chest layout has been relocated. Previously the layout was partially cut off by the screen in some devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just from reading the title, you know your objective. But as you explore amazing paper-cutout landscapes, you’ll uncover a weird world dense with secrets and danger. Slick controls make traveling and harvesting food simple, but balancing your hunger and health—and sanity—requires crafting weapons, traps, machines, and more. With tons of mysteries to uncover and challenges to complete, Don’t Starve will keep you enthralled.
Plays surprisingly well for mobile
Bug: Full moon only works if you re-enter in the game. I'm playing a perpetual night world where getting s full moon is a saving grace. And if you re-enter in the game to get the full moon effect, it doesn't go away after the full moon has past. So if wear pigs are chasing you, they never change back.
I'm listing all the negatives here but I've played this game for many hours and enjoying it.
Some cons I found:
- Cooking and eating is tedious where it takes 5 actions to cook and eat something. And you must have an empty slot.
- Hard to attack specific targets. I was attacking some hounds when they were attacking lightning goats. The attack button locked on the goat so both agroed on me. I had to book it out of there.
- The build menu is a bit fiddly. Sometimes you can't collapse one section and expand another without exiting first. The game pauses when you open it so it's not a big deal.
- Can't really multi task. While I was using the virtual joy stick, I wasn't able to open the map without stopping first. Not a big deal until you are being chaste by a wear pig and trying to find where the beefalo are on the map. The pig killed me because of it.
Excellent game, but just one thing
I’m just going to keep this very brief. I’m writing this in the hopes that a developer somehow finds it. Although this game is amazing in every sense of the word And exactly my style...the thing that all of the internet and mostly reddit is complaining about is the fact that, if you were to try to play a song or a podcast of any kind while in the app it will stop your music and will not allow you to resume. It seems like a very small problem but to some it’s a rather big deal. The game is great and interesting, but once you know everything there is to know about the game, seen everything there is to see, and slain every beast possible, it gets boring. That’s just how all games are and there’s nothing can change it. But if you can listen to a podcast or entertainment of any kind, then the game once again becomes very useful. It will function as something for the eyes and hands to do while the ears are otherwise occupied. This not to say that the ambience, FX, and in-game music aren’t enough, it’s just that it gets repetitive and mind numbing after a while. So on behalf of me and the group of fans who love to play a relaxing game with entertaining audio media I ask that you change it.
btw wasn’t as brief as I thought
- Klei Entertainment Inc.
- 440.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- ©Don't Starve ©Klei Entertainment Inc. 2013
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.