Don't Starve: Shipwrecked 9+
Klei Entertainment has partnered with our friends at CAPY, creators of Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery, Super Time Force and Below; to bring fans of Don’t Starve the latest single-player expansion: Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked!
In Don't Starve: Shipwrecked, Wilson finds himself stranded in a tropical archipelago. He must learn to survive all over again in this new environment filled with new biomes, seasons, and creatures.
Don’t let the tropical breeze lull you into a false sense of security - the world might be different, but it is still equal parts unforgiving and uncompromising. You will quickly find these islands are full to the brim with things that want to kill you.
Navigate the Open Ocean: Craft a boat and set sail for adventure!
Explore an Entirely New World: The entire world is different. Explore new biomes filled with new resources. Scavenge for new sources of food. Run for your life from a host of new creatures.
Brave New Seasons: A set of tropically inspired seasons will try their hardest to kill you.
Craft New Recipes: Build an array of new gadgets to help yourself survive these harsh islands.
- Fixed controller support and added a setting in options to disable or enable controller
- Fixed issue where crocodog world setting would reset after entering and exiting volcano
- Fixed zoom location for messages in a bottle
- Fixed a soft-lock when interacting with menu items near the edge of the screen
- Reworked virtual stick and attack button to be more responsive
- Added UI button to quickly recraft or rebuild items (R3 button on controller)
- Improved item placement for those not using controller
- Prevented accidental taps of UI buttons through the map screen
- Fixed placement of Walani's surfboard
- Fixed some graphical glitches and updated the quality for some buttons
- Fixed issue where changing language would display an unrelated error
- Fixed issue where the opening video would not play properly
Ratings and Reviews
And just when we were getting the hang of surviving the wilderness, too… Now we’re crafting boats, exploring tropical islands, and battling through the night. Klei and CAPY are a match made in heaven, and we can’t believe we get to witness their Burton-esque nightmare.
Loving Everything OTHER THAN the BUGS!
Firstly, let me say that this game is beautiful. The design is stunning and the scenery is also. The characters have their own styles and “voice” which is typically the music.
Secondly, I would also say that the journey is a very fun one. It’s adventurous. I use it as a challenge to see how many days I can survive and to dig out the secrets. I want to unlock and discover everything. Maybe there’s a way to escape? Maybe not? Only as the days continue, Will I probably find out.
Lastly, the bugs. It’s terrible. I would give it five stars but I my character glitching in the game as my days get longer. The music starts to get all disoriented and that’s not just from losing my sanity. My sanity can be perfectly fine but the music isn’t. Then the colors start to fade, which is annoying because everything goes to a gray color. The birds don’t even sound like birds anymore. Even when I close out the game and open it again, it fixes it for a while and then it goes back to crap again. Please fix.
Other than this, I would recommend to anyone looking for a challenge within a stunning game.
Great game, difficult to control. No Wigfrid.
In short, if you like the original Don’t Starve game, you’ll like this one too.
The only thing that keeps this game from getting 5 stars is that the controls are a bit finicky... it’s fine when you’re just walking around the world, gathering and building things, but it’s a nightmare when you’re fighting an enemy, especially when there’s a lot of trees in the way. Your character will just stand still, making some comment about the tree you just clicked on, while some monster chomps away at him! It’s especially bad since a lot of the fighting requires you to hit the enemy a couple times before running a small distance away to dodge their attack. You need to make sure you’re in a wide open space to fight anything effectively.
Also, you can’t play as Wigfrid (my favorite character), so you can’t just tank the enemy attacks.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Klei Entertainment Inc.
- 1.4 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- ©Don't Starve ©Klei Entertainment Inc. 2013
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.