Use your Mac's desktop as a whiteboard. DoodleDesk puts a blank canvas where your background would be, and lets you draw freely - the perfect place to make notes, sketch ideas or simply pass time doodling.
DoodleDesk is perfect for engineers, programmers, designers, teachers, writers - if you've ever sketched an idea, DoodleDesk is for you. DoodleDesk keeps it simple, allowing your ideas to shine through.
"...we were impressed with the simplicity and great performance of this app." 4/5 - iCreate Magazine
- Replaces your desktop with a drawing surface
- Draw freely with multiple pens and an eraser, all with variable size
- Place notes anywhere to add text to your sketches
- Export your doodles to JPEG, PNG, GIF & TIFF formats
- A quick fix for the pen size
Ratings and Reviews
When I read the description I thought that I would be able to draw and make notes on my desktop, given that the description says "DoodleDesk puts a blank canvas where your background would be, and lets you draw freely." I can't. I can draw and make notes in this app, and then instantly make that my desktop, but I can't draw on it while it's my desktop. I thought I'd be able to use the show desktop funciton and be able to write notes, but as this is, it's much less convenient.
works as desired with a Wacom Bamboo attached
Just purchased. Read the reviews and decided to try. Definitely works well with a Wacom Bamboo Tablet Attached. I am planning on going to the classroom and using as a white board for notes projecting onto a screen. Also plan on trying in meetings that I chair. The notes can be saved as JPEG, TIFF or the graphic files, so I am not too concerned about the limitations noted, as I can organize these files, maybe into Powerpoint and then share. I'll write an update 4 weeks from now as to how successful I was in using the program. You will need to buy tablet I believe to achieve the best utility of this program. Price is very reasonable, especially if it works in my working world…to be followed up in 4 weeks or so if I am allowed to write another review.
I love it. Needs new 2 features.
1. If I choose the marker at a small size and then i choose the eraser and a larger size and then go back to the marker, I expected the two to have a different size. Instead I had to make the eraser a larger size and then when I went back to the marker I had to re-adjust the size. Doing this many times is a bit annoying.
2. Ability to add images. I am working on a project and we are trying to figure out how the website should be layed out. Would love to see our current home as an image and be able to circle around it and take notes etc.
Besides that it has been great. Thank you.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- James Griffin
- 4.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Imaginary Roots, Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.