Doom & Destiny is the award-winning indie JRPG for XBox and Windows Phone, now available on Mac App Store!
Four nerds, drawn into a fantasy world and mistaken for heroes, have to battle their way through a massive, crazy adventure and defeat a preposterous villian!
This great RPG has magic, dungeons, pizza, and jokes galore. If you ever enjoyed "Final Fantasy", "Chrono Trigger", "Secret of Mana", or "Dungeons & Dragons", you're gonna love this game!
D&D features NO in-app purchases (IAP) - you get the entire game for one price!
* 20 hours of story and 20 hours of extras, adventures, side-quests, and more!
* Turn-based, easy-to-learn combat
* Change your party order to apply special bonuses
* 100 levels of experience
* More than 200 special powers and spells
* More than 300 enemies
* More than 500 items between potions, chips, weapons, shirts, and armor
* More than 700 locations,
* More than 10,000 lines of dialog
* Epic Flying Spaghetti Monster!
Ratings and Reviews
Amusing and enjoyable
Game is rather absurd, fun, and has plenty of gameplay. For the price, a worthwhile purchase.
Self-aware, and clearly written as a joke without sacrificing the enjoyment of leveling up characters, progressing through a story, and customizing characters. Feels and plays like a classic old RPG, but with the sense of humor of a self-satirizing D&D vet.
Locks Up Computer
Does not seem to work anymore. Launching the app will not go past the language menu and sometimes locks up the computer. Apple does not have a problem report button for Mac App store like they do for the iTunes store, so trying to get help is a no go. Also, the developer help pages don’t seem to be working, as I’m getting a page does not exist error when I try to use the contact page on their website.
I pretty much upset as I’m not going to get this program to work or get a refund.
Throwback to yesteryear with a sense of humor
I loved the old Final Fantasy games with the turn-based combat and chapter-driven plots.
The creator(s) of this game has done a superb job capturing the mechanics and gameplay of those old FF games and has injected a welcome, self-referential, modern sense of humor to go with it.
While this game may not be as long or as immersive as FF, considering the price paid, I would say it’s well worth the price of admission.
I’d be interested to see what else comes from the definitely-creative mind(s) that came up with this game.
- HeartBit Interactive S.r.l.
- 107.9 MB
OS X 10.6 or later
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © HeartBit Interactive
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.