DORDOGNE'S BEST is an ideal travel guide to a captivating French region. Written by a pro-author it explores key REGIONS; suggests ITINERARIES; details SIGHTS; then suggests great spots to EAT. All content (150+ points of interest/220+ pics) is original and independent; no recommendations are ads!
*** Published by TouchScreenTravels.com: independent travel guides for the digital age. Our Touch, Your Travels. ***
DORDOGNE'S BEST starts with a TRIP ESSENTIALS section to help with planning, which includes coverage of FESTIVALS & EVENTS as well as TRANSPORT info.
A rundown of all the key REGIONS then helps orientate you, while an ITINERARIES section offers first-timers the ideal way to explore the region using easy-to-follow routes.
Or, if you’re keen on exploring local ART & CULTURE; delving into regional HISTORY; spending time OUTDOORS; or just want to find the best attractions for KIDS & FAMILIES, you might just dive straight into one of these themed sections.
Finally the app details many good places to EAT, DRINK, SHOP. A rundown of key RESTAURANTS and CAFES along with some backgrounders on REGIONAL DELICACIES will help ensure a perfect trip.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Information & Media
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: DESTINATIONS
The lowdown on all key parts of the region:
• Corrèze and its Upper Dordogne Valley
• Dordogne and the Périgord Blanc; Périgord Noir; Périgord Pourpre; and Périgord Vert
• Lot, including the Bas Quercy and Haut Quercy
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES & TOURS
To organise your time around the region:
• The Dordogne Valley & Haut-Quercy (1-2 days)
• A Gabarre cruise
• The Northern Périgord Noir (1–2 days)
• The Southern Périgord Noir (2 days)
• Sarlat In-A-Day
• Upper Dordogne Valley Scenic Drive (2 days)
APP FEATURE: INTERESTS
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Art & Culture
• Kids & Families
APP FEATURE: EAT, DRINK, SHOP & MORE
Listings, backgrounders and recommendations:
• Food & Drink
• Shops & Shopping
• Theatres & Cinemas
APP FEATURES: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• AUTHOR: Paul Shawcross has penned city guides for Thomas Cook and revised and contributed text for several Michelin Green Guides. He has also authored pieces for in-flight magazines and coffee table
books as well as articles for several leading periodicals including Living France, France Today and France Magazine. He is also the author of several other TouchScreenTravels travel apps including Provence’s Best and Nice’s Best.
• ICON GRAPHIC: bigwiz (pixabay)
REVIEWS AND RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us, if you like the app please go back into the app store, find it and leave a review or just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.
Zoom and pan images when full-screen
Ratings and Reviews
A Travel Blogger’s Best Companion
Writing about a region when you’ve never traveled there means there’s lots of pre-planning— much like a special holiday. Dordogne’s Best makes it easy. This app is filled with up-to-date facts on best places to eat, stay, and visit. All the festivals and tour dates are at your fingertips. The research is done. Thank you for simplifying my life and my travel!
Dordogne at your fingertips
I love everything about the Dordogne. Since at times it’s hard to have a cell connection or WiFi in the region, having itineraries and addresses in the phone is ideal! Plus the photos are dreamy!
Best travel planning app I’ve used
Super well organized format. Easy to use itineraries. Author very trustworthy — can’t wait to get on the road with it!! Big thanks!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wu Wei Ltd
- 42.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Paul Shawcross
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.