Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary is the definitive resource to help you understand and correctly use all the latest terminology in today’s ever-evolving medical field.
This 32nd Edition lets you enhance your understanding of all the current medical terminology in your field with more than 120,000 well-defined entries, 1,500 illustrations, and 35,000 audio pronunciations. You'll find the very latest medical terms used today with more than 5,500 new entries drawn from current sources and 500 new illustrations.
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• Four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Interface could use some work, but a very helpful app
Content is concise and well rounded with enough to satisfy before reaching for alternate sources if needed. I frequently compare entries with Taber’s for a quick overview, as the perspectives are different but mostly complement each other. MobiSystems could learn a bit from Unbound’s interface, particularly the branched entries without leaving the main definition, higher bitrate voiceover, expanded indices, and more illustrations (“illustrated” is a bit misleading). The word history is helpful when revisiting terms. Not a fan of the “homepage” starting point and find raising the keyboard twice to clear old entries to input new ones annoying. Overall, a good product that gets frequent if not daily use. Worth the price and then some.
The only app I ever need in my med school
I use this app in my med school in a daily basis. It is very rich in information and photos. Thank you for iPhone 6 Plus update!
** The only thing that I hope developer may fix someday is its search method. If you look up a combined word, eg; juvenile Diabetes, the same word will be shown in search results. However , when u click it, the root of the word will be displayed (in this case,diabetes) and you should look for you word manually through scrolling. Which sometimes can be really cumbersome. Interfering with the functionality of this app as u might use it while training and ever second count.
The Best Connection to Medical Definitions
Dorland’s Illustrated Medical Dictionary, is one of the most quality dictionary's for education and personal use. I am a professor teaching medical terminology in a community college and encourage all my students to use the app throughout their training. It is the most functional tools to use for personal and professional growth.
- MobiSystems, Inc.
- 369.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 MobiSystems, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.