Dorland’s Medical Dictionary contains over 40,000 entries and 350 illustrations to provide concise definitions for a wide range of medical terms in current usage.
Areas include anatomy, physiology, diseases, drugs, tests and procedures and much more. You'll find audio pronunciations and other helpful hints on the majority of terms.
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
• Four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Helping a Newbie Understand
I often use the app in order to help me understand the scientific lingo I encounter whenever I read anything scientific-related. The only downside is that trying to understand a term, another difficult term is embedded in the definition, which soon prompts me to look up the new term (can you say, focus?).
💩💩💩💩💩 Refused to Close with Nag Screen Open ‼️
I purchased this app to answer a specific question several days ago. This morning, when I open multitasking to do some housekeeping, the app refused to be swiped closed, so I opened it, and found a “Five Star Rating” nag screen. The only logical, and appropriate, response to such arrogant software behavior, is a five poo rating‼️
PS; While I can’t speak for my British English speaking brethren, elsewhere in the world. North American English speakers expect a “Word of the day” dialog box, to be labeled “Word of the day”. And not; “The word to learn today”! Honestly the dialog boxes for Digital English Dictionary Products, should not read like they were Coded by Someone Who Learned English, Listening to the Narration of Films, Found Under a Hatch, on a Pacific Island!
Really good but bothersome until I give a reviewe
Has has been a really good product which I’ve have used for several years. Only a few words it didn’t have in the data base. I’m taking a star off simply for it constantly asking for a review of the product. I don’t like give reviews but there isn’t a button to dismiss the review request and that is extremely annoying!! If I wanted to give a review then I would. Actually because they have annoyed me so much I’ll knock it down to two stars take that!!!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- MobiSystems, Inc.
- 145.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 MobiSystems, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.