This is the accompanying mobile application for use with Dosime radiation detection device.
The Dosime radiation device detects and reports real-time radiation exposure in its environment. The device was designed to address the challenges of healthy living amidst radiation - namely, that radiation can't be detected by the senses. We can't see, touch, smell, taste or feel it. This accompanying mobile app provides an immediate assessment of the radiation present in the homes, buildings and spaces we live, work and play that can potentially impact our health without our knowledge. The Dosime device empowers people and communities to protect themselves and each other.
The Dosime device seamlessly connects to your mobile devices via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. The Dosime device mobile app is intuitive and makes data about your health and environment easy to access and understand. The Dosime device also synthesizes the data collected by your device – and those of your neighbors -- to provide "crowdsourced" safety insights across your environments and communities.
For the first time, scientific-grade dosimetry technology is available for your smart and healthy lifestyle and home.
We are a world-class team of talented professionals, passionate about protecting people, property and the environment from the harmful effects of ionizing radiation. For 60+ years, we have delivered radiation protection solutions for the world's most demanding users, and with the Dosime device, we're extending our mission to serve the general public as well.
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Dosime UX review
The user experience is unstable.
1. Initially, the reports tab did not log data, an update was released that corrected that within a week of product release. I appreciate that.
2a. The device disconnects intermittently and is not always discoverable via Bluetooth, the troubleshoot symbol in the app does nothing. Consequently, there's no way to try to manually enable Bluetooth connectivity so that the device and cradle can be discoverable. I simply have to wait until it self corrects.
2b. The app does not require location to record and log data. I like that.
2c. The settings does not have the option to enable location only when using the device. Please include that option in the next software update.
3. The app signed me out and kept giving an error that stated that either the email address or password was incorrect. I logged into my account from my computer and it logged in; meanwhile, the app still would not log in.
4. The support documentation is circular, in the app you download the user manual. The user manual tells you to visit dosime.com/support, which then tells you to download user manual.
5. From what I see, the device only records 25 samples on a daily basis. It does not allow you to record at will, so there's no way to tell the device to capture, record, and report data on demand.
6. The alerts tab did not record an alert, that should've been recorded. The device was placed through the airport x-ray, it did log a data point of 162 mrem which is categorized in the red zone Severe dose rate. The alerts tab did not capture that as an alert.
7. The cradle has a soft button that the user manual describes how to use in order to troubleshoot the device, that button does nothing. Therefore, the device cannot be troubleshooted.
8. There's no way to determine whether the device has enough on board storage to log data in the event that my cell phone is out of range or when the battery dies. It is unclear how data is being logged. I noticed that the website has a data log, however, my device was not paired with my mobile during the periods the data was captured and reported. During setup I did not receive a request to connect the device to my wireless network. My expectations for an IoT device is uninterrupted connectivity, therefore, the user should never be placed at risk for either missing data capture due to connectivity issues or loss of connectivity (where the device disconnects/unpairs from the mobile). This device requires a behavioral change, the user must learn to travel with another peripheral device that does not entertain.
9. The reports tab needs a scale so that the data can be properly visualized. The website has a scale,m which should be implemented in the app. That way the user can at a glance determine mrem readings for each data point without clicking each individually.
10. All in all, this device does not appear to efficiently do the job that it was meant to do. Ergo, readiness for commercialization is equivocal.
11. My expectations for the product are: a) Connects and stays connected to my mobile, b) logs data that I can view in the reports tab, c) accurately report red zone data in the alerts tab. These three expectations were promised by the Dosime team; the device does operate better since the software update was released. d) The frequency of data capture and reporting is insufficient. A 15 minute reading and reporting is more beneficial than the current 60 minute record and capture. Also, on demand sampling that allows the user to manually request data capture and being able to set the frequency for data logging would be nice.
Too much frustration experienced when trying to get the device to work as expected; because there's no way to actually TROUBLESHOOT.
This device is a noteworthy improvement over competitive options. Improvements in UI, UX, and flexibility will make it an even better product.
- Dosime, Inc
- 72.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Dosime Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.