DoubleTake by Filmic transforms your iPhone into a multi-cam studio allowing you to capture video from two cameras at the same time on recent devices*
*NOTE: Per iOS 15 capabilities, multi-cam video is restricted to the following devices only: iPhone 13 series devices, iPhone 12 series devices, iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, Xs Max, Xs, Xr, SE 2. iPad Pro 2018 and newer. While this app will install and function on all devices supported by iOS 15, all devices outside of this list will be restricted to recording video from on a single camera.
Use DoubleTake to record video in new ways:
- Camera Visualization: Better than a director’s viewfinder! Use DoubleTake’s camera picker view to visualize all available cameras for your device. Use this view to help decide how to frame your shot and which cameras you will select.
- Shot/Reverse shot: To capture all the organic and intimate interaction between two actors or interviewer and interviewee. Traditionally, filmmakers would need to employ two cameras and place these in cumbersome ‘over the shoulder’ locations. With DoubleTake you can place one device in between your actors and place the audience right in the middle of the conversation.
- Multi-cam: Capture two different focal lengths of the same subject at the same time. Use DoubleTake with the Ultra Wide lens (iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro and 11 only) and the Tele to capture both an establishing shot and a punch-in on your subject simultaneously. Or use any other combination of front and rear lenses for unrivaled multi-cam capture.
- PiP or Discreet: The DoubleTake interface allows you to see both cameras of your video capture at the same time through the use of a Picture in Picture (PiP) window. You can move this PiP around the screen, tap to zoom in, or swipe it away if it’s distracting (the second video will continue to record). With DoubleTake you can decide if you want to record your videos as separate discrete files or if you want the video recorded as a composite video that includes the PiP window animated as you see it on the screen.
- Split-screen: Doubletake also allows you to use any two cameras to create a 50/50 split-screen effect that is saved as a single video. This is great for capturing engaging interviews, or any scenario where two sides of the story need equal weighting on screen.
- Focus & Exposure Controls: DoubleTake allows you to set and lock your focus and exposure on both cameras during multi-cam capture with our unified reticle. Just tap anywhere to set an area of interest with the reticle, then tap again to lock or unlock. Our easy to use camera switcher lets you effortlessly move between your A and B cams during a recording to adjust the focus and exposure for each independently of one another.
- Full frame focus and exposure for smooth and easy automated focus and exposure adjustments.
- Selectable broadcast frame rates: 24fps, 25fps, and 30fps depending on your project requirements.
- 1080p video at high bitrate encoding for maximum quality. (note: 1080p video is the maximum resolution supported by the Apple API for multi-cam capture).
- Composited PiP or separate discreet video files recorded as .h264 .mov files are saved to DoubleTake’s internal library which supports batch export to the Camera Roll.
Just ordinary maintenance for the best possible user experience!
Ratings and Reviews
I just downloaded the bundle from Filmic Pro and couldn’t be happier. I still have a lot to learn. I used DoubleTake at a NFL division playoff game this weekend and it was great to capture what was happening on the field and our reaction at the same time with Picture in Picture.
The only thing that would make DoubleTake a little more helpful would be the ability to use a Bluetooth shutter button to stop and start video. It works with the Filmic other products but just changes volume on this app. Hopefully the fix will come in an update soon. It will be a solid five star for me at that time.
Keep up the good work!
Truly Wonderful for Storytelling in Video
I love this app! I use it to tell stories of my video adventures for visiting lighthouses on the west coast of the US. It worked great on my past iPhone 11 Pro and now on my 13 Pro, it’s even better. I wish it would shoot in a higher res, I’d pay for that, but I worry that it will be changing soon. It seems the Filmic app has sold to a horrible company that is making it a super expensive subscription service, pricing out the amateur videographers, like myself. I am hoping that they leave this app alone and not include it, but I am sure that their greed will eventually charge for it. I’ve downloaded all of my files as it said to use it I had to update it, and on 12/1, the new terms of service go into effect, so I don’t want to lose access to what I’ve filmed. PLEASE DON’T CHANGE THIS APP!
Telephoto setting broken, dev not responsive
I want to use this app for one thing, and that is to capture the telephoto and the normal lens on an iPhone 13 Pro for quick interviews so I have an A and B roll to edit with. Unfortunately, the telephoto mode goes into a 2X crop effect (but looks just fine in Preview mode), which of course throws off the focal lengths of the lenses and makes shooting with it difficult. I filed a report with the dev via their website and even sent them screenshots, demo footage, and a description of the issue, and never received a response. Disappointing, to say the least.
The premise of this app is sound, although basic and lacking many features. It seems pretty clear they are putting all their development time into their main app, but this ONE THING I need to use this app for doesn’t exist in that app yet, either. I would love to be able to use this app but as it stands now it’s not possible.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bending Spoons Apps ApS
- 52.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 FiLMiC Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- DoubleTake Weekly With FT $1.49
- Weekly Subscription $1.49
- Weekly Creator Bundle with FT $9.99
- DoubleTake Yearly With FT $19.99
- Weekly Bundle Subscription $4.99
- Weekly Bundle Subscription $4.99
- Weekly Creator Bundle $9.99
- Yearly Subscription $19.99
- Yearly Bundle Subscription $69.99
- Yearly Creator Bundle with FT $99.99